Smits, who came to prominence in the '80s as one of an office full of hunky lawyers on 'LA Law,' is back with a new legal drama -- this time, NBC's untitled drama pilot from Conan O'Brien's production firm, Conaco, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Smits will star as a "by-the-book" Supreme Court justice who excuses himself from the bench to go into private practice and fight constitutional injustices. The NBC pilot is co-produced by John Eisendrath, who produced such hits as 'Beverly Hills, 90210' and 'Felicity.'
Are audiences really clamoring for more of this stuff? I know I'm not, and I don't know anyone else who is! Seriously, this is not reality TV. There's nothing real about it except that they're using their real names. (Yes, those are their real names!)
Overall, this was a particularly interesting episode because it seemed to lay the groundwork for where Eli Stone is going. Since it's likely that the show is going to be renewed -- deservedly so -- the prospect of Eli getting that surgery which may correct the aneurysm that's causing his visions, may not be happening after all.
(S01E06) The secret is out. After hiding his condition from his boss, colleagues and clients for two months Eli Stone has finally come clean. Now, the world (or at least San Francisco) knows. Reaction is mixed. Some, like Eli's ex-fiancee and his brother, are glad that it's all out in the open now.
His colleagues' reaction? We know at least one person's opinion --more on that later. As for his boss and mentor, Jordan Whethersby...well, needless to say there's an extreme cold front coming between him and Eli. But, we'll discuss that in detail after the jump. For now, let's talk about Eli's decision to fess up.
It's actually a well-designed site, with tons of posts, categories, and photos. Check out his Movie Smackdown contest.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Extant Season 2 Premiere Recap: Revolving Spores
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Nashville, Flash, Castle, Good Wife, Originals, CSI, Mistresses, Scream Queens and More
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- More From TVLine
- London Has Fallen Teaser: Get Ready for Gerard Butler and Explosions
- Rick and Morty Season 2 Trailer: It's Probably Best If Morty Started Driving the Spaceship
- Stephen Colbert Filmed a 40-Minute Public-Access Show in a Random Small Town to Remind You That, Character or Not, He's the Best
- More from Vulture
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' Reruns Pulled by TV Land Amid Confederate Flag Controversy
- Beyonce's Custom Blue Ivy-Inspired Ring Is All Kinds of Adorable
- Hilary Duff Gets Candid About 'Torturous' Lizzie McGuire Years, Commends Miley Cyrus
- Stephen Colbert Interviews Eminem on Public Access TV and It's as Hilarious as You'd Expect
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Friend Speaks Out About Her Tumultuous Relationship With Nick Gordon
- More From ET