Keeping up with the Kardashians is a full-time job for their "momager" Kris Jenner. Jenner was on 'Good Morning America' (Weekdays, 7AM on ABC) Tuesday discussing her role as part mom, part manager, to the Kardashian girls. She not only has to mediate infighting between her daughters, but also has to deal with gripes directed her way if one or more of the kids thinks she's being treated unfairly.
One of the clips from the segment showed Kris announcing she had secured a perfume deal for Kim. That miffed Khloe. "You get Kim her own deal first, and then it's the three of us?" she said. "I will sue the [poop] out of you." Kris asked her, "Are you insane?"
"He has just told GQ magazine that he is no longer drinking alcohol after partying quote 'unsuccessfully,'" she said. "He said he began drinking in 2009 while shooting 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' and realized he was relying on alcohol too much."
Spencer also marveled that the paparazzi never managed to catch Radcliffe with a drink in his hand. It helps if you have a cloak of invisibility to hide your hooch.
"Why is the pope up?" said Spencer, standing in front of the touch screen and trying to bring up a new graphic. "Let's go back to my big board. Let's go. People? Hello? Well, all right, I'm going to give you the news and the board will find itself." Spencer plodded ahead with the story about a little boy on a fashion runway who cried while modeling, asking viewers to try to imagine the scene.
When Spencer finished that story and tried to move on to an item about Prince Harry, the board had still not yet righted itself. "He is insanely popular with the single ladies," she began, Pope Benedict's mug still looming hilariously behind her. "Smart Screen was not so smart this morning," quipped George Stephanopoulos.
"It's one thing to play dress-up in the Cirque performer's clothing," said Spencer. "It's quite another to walk in their shoes." Spencer had a little trouble with a spinning-hoop stunt. "Even barely moving, I'm dizzy and dazzled by the difficulty of this trick." She did a bit better with a wire-aided backflip.
The main stunt was the aforementioned "Wheel of Death," which looks like two hamster wheels spinning on an axle suspended above the stage. Spencer went three rounds with that but didn't like it one bit. If they need another woman for the show, Spencer thinks Robin Roberts would do nicely.
AMC announced today that it is developing two new reality shows, 'Inside the DHS' and 'The Pitch,' to launch in late 2011 and early 2012. Ahem -- since this is AMC, they're "docu-stories." Okay then.
The first, 'Inside the DHS,' is a behind-the-scenes look at the Department of Homeland Security that's scheduled to premiere later this year. The second, 'The Pitch,' follows real-life Mad Men working at an ad agency. That will debut early next year.
In other TV news ...
• Syfy announced its summer premiere dates. New series 'Alphas' will debut Mon., July 11 at 10PM, directly after the season 4.5 premiere of 'Eureka.' 'Legend Quest' premieres Wed., July 13 at 10PM ET after the season 3 premiere of 'Ghost Hunters,' while 'Haunted Collector' will be paired with 'Hollywood Treasure' starting Wed., June 1. [THR]
• Julia Ormond has joined the star-studded lineup of 'Law & Order: Criminal Intent''s final season. She'll appear in all eight episodes as a police psychologist counseling Vincent D'Onofrio's Detective Goren. [Deadline]
• NKOTBSB member Joey McIntyre will take a break from his busy summer tour to guest star on an episode of 'Psych.' The singer will play a buff cop. [Entertainment Weekly]
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Anderson will replace departing host Lara Spencer.
"I'm a huge fan of Brooke both professionally and personally," Linda Bell Blue, executive producer of 'Entertainment Tonight' and 'The Insider,' said in a statement. "I've admired her work on HLN and am thrilled that she is joining our 'Insider' family.
"Brooke is such a well rounded broadcaster -- smart, inquisitive, experienced, and grounded," she said. "She's everything you'd want in a co-anchor and the perfect fit to sit at 'The Insider' desk with our Kevin Frazier."
According to Hollywood Reporter, Spencer will become the lifestyle anchor on ABC's 'Good Morning America.' Spencer has been with CBS and 'The Insider' for seven seasons. She was also a contributor to CBS's 'The Early Show.'
The move to ABC is a return home for Spencer. Prior to joining CBS, Spencer was a correspondent on 'GMA' and New York's WABC.
"We are grateful for all of her contributions since day one of 'The Insider,'" Linda Bell Blue, executive producer of 'The Insider,' said. "We respect her decision to accept this exciting opportunity and wish her every success in her new job."
According to Entertainment Weekly, Newhart will play Dr. Walter Magnus, a former medical examiner. When Dr. Magnus comes out of retirement, something happens that surprises Ducky (David McCallum) and the others.
Newhart was last seen on primetime TV as Morty in 'Desperate Housewives.' Before that he did a multi-episode arc on 'ER.'
In other TV news ...
• Lara Spencer has denied any feud with Nancy O'Dell. Rumors swirled that Spencer was upset that O'Dell got Mary Hart's upcoming vacant 'Entertainment Tonight' seat. "There's no feud. I have a great job. I host a show that I love and that I helped launch." [PEOPLE]
• Drea de Matteo will guest star on 'Law & Order: SVU.' De Matteo will play Sondra, a pregnant battered wife. [Movieline]
• ABC has ordered more 'Castle.' The series has done well in the ratings, holding its own against 'Hawaii Five-0.' This season will be 24 episodes. [Live Feed]
Convinced that he's referring to her voluminous lips -- which she admits were injected with silicone 24 (!?) years ago -- Rinna meets with girlfriends Lara Spencer and Denise Richards for some brutal honesty.
"Do you guys think of me as just a pair of lips?" she wonders. Richards replies, "Lisa, come on!" Spencer kisses her and exclaims, "They're sheer heaven!" Rinna must not have believed them, as she underwent lip reduction surgery last month.
I've written many times here about how much I hate the tabloid shows, whether it's Access Hollywood, TMZ, or Entertainment Tonight. One of the worst is ET's sister show, The Insider. Besides having a despicable host (Pat O'Brien -- what's with that little fake laugh he does all the time?) and the lamest writing this side of a junior high student newspaper, it's also evil and dumb.
Take last night's episode. I don't watch the show, but I didn't get to my remote quick enough to change the channel after the news ended and I caught the teaser opening. They showed singer John Mayer with a gun to his head, a rather raw photograph that looked like it was taken across the street from a bank. Was Mayer being held hostage in a holdup? Was one of Jennifer Aniston's exes there telling him not to see her anymore? OMG! Stay tuned to this breaking news!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' Season 6 Premiere Photos: Everyone Comes Back to McKinley
- 10 Unforgettable Moments from 'The Amazing Race' Season 25
- Steroline: 9 Pivotal Moments of Stefan and Caroline's Relationship on 'The Vampire Diaries'
- 'Revenge' Episode 4.11 Photos: Will Grief Unite Emily and Victoria?
- 'The Amazing Race' Season Finale Recap: Which Team Wins the Race?
- More From BuddyTV
- Late Late Show: Craig Ferguson Says Goodbye With Incredible Twist Ending
- Glee First Look: A Reunion-y Season 6 — With Bonus Quinn and Karofsky!
- The Amazing Race Season 25 Finale: And the Winner Is...
- Cable Ratings: Colbert Report Ends on High Note, Covert Finale Ticks Up
- David Schwimmer Joins FX's OJ-Themed American Crime Story as Robert Kardashian
- More From TVLine