'Boston Legal,' starring William Shatner and James Spader, runs weeknights at 11 PM ET on TV Land. And to celebrate, you may be able to tune into 'Boston Legal' five nights a week with a brand, spanking new TV! Yes, sir. There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner receiving a 26" LCD HDTV (MSRP $349.99). The contest begins today, March 9, 2010.
There comes a time of the year when one has to count their blessings because, when truth is finally told, things could be a lot worse. This is that time. And what am I thankful for? Glad you asked.
Big LCD televisions that hang on the wall - I think that says it all. Of course, some day all the current display technologies will be abandoned in favor of the video waves that transmit directly to our brains, but until then there is the LCD (or plasma, depending on your technology choice) on the wall.
The Big Bang Theory - It's hard to believe that the creator of Two and a Half Men (a show of which I am not a fan) could create such a terrific show. I only discovered the show this past year. I'm usually not a fan of sitcoms but with all the geeky references in BBT, I find that if I could give the show a big, sloppy, wet kiss, I would.
My first question is: who out there still even needs a converter box? Most everybody I know has cable or satellite television. You can even get a discount on the device.
If I could pick my dream television set, and it would appear magically in my living room, maybe delivered by Jeannie or Samantha Stevens or some other TV character that could wave her hand or twitch her nose, I would take one of those cool sets from the 50s, with the insides being modern, of course. I want the look of the 50s, but I don't want to be stuck with the four or so stations they had back then. (And yes I know there are companies that sell them, but they're out of my income bracket.)
With a 22-inch screen, Rock's Meivo (multimedia entertainment integrating video on-demand) isn't going to be the pride of your living room home theater system. But it could make a nice addition to your bedroom, kitchen, or other small space.
The Meivo comes equipped with a Core 2 Duo processor, two desktop hard drive bays, 7.1 channel audio output, WiFi and Bluetooth support, a USB port, RF keyboard and mouse, and a TV tuner. It supports 720p video, and has a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 pixels.
It should be available in April for about £1,000 or close to $2000.
Well, sure you could buy one of those TV cabinets and keep the doors closed, but that always feels to me like you've got an armoire in the living room. Well, Picture House has got an umm... innovative solution. Hide your TV in a fireplace. Why didn't I think of that?
Picture House offers fireplace enclosures for your LCD or plasma TV. Press a button on your remote control and the TV pops up, press it again and it slides down into the fireplace. The same remote turns the heat on and off, adjusts the heat, and dims the brightness of the fire. The fire generates up to 2kW of heat, and does not harm the TV - assuming it's properly installed. I wouldn't try detaching the TV and throwing it in the fire.
[via Shiny Shiny]
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Episode 5B Photos: Justin and Mackenzie Get a Surprise Wedding
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: John vs. Steve and a Juror Returns
- Meet the Top 10 of 'Last Comic Standing' Season 9
- 'Big Brother 17' Week 9: Austin's HoH Photos
- Married Couple Alexa Vega and Carlos Pena, Jr. Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21
- More From BuddyTV
- Fox's Frankenstein Code Changes Title to Lookinglass — What Does It Mean?
- Chicago Med Taps Sopranos Vets as New Showrunners
- Hannibal Series Finale Sneak Peek: Will Bids the Serial Killer a Chilling Farewell
- Julie Benz Joins Hawaii Five-0 as SFPD Cop/Romantic Interest for [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Michelle Pfeiffer on HBO, Hemlock Grove Return Date and More
- More From TVLine
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- Rob Kardashian Posts Throwback Picture, Suggests Milkshakes Kicked Off His Weight Gain
- Susan Sarandon & Dr. Phil Fight to Save Richard Glossip From Death Row
- Snooki Explains Why She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Amid Ashley Madison Drama
- Move Over, Ed Sheeran! Chris Brown Just Got A New Huge Tattoo
- More From ET