Welcome back to "AI Aftermath," where we explore Idol's past. Each installment, as one more American Idol hopeful is eliminated from the competition, we take a look back at contestants past who were eliminated at the same point. We'll examine how they did on the show and what they've been up to since their eliminations. In honor of Jason Castro's elimination last week, we'll be looking at other fourth place finishers.
This week: 4th place finishers, featuring featuring Tamyra Gray (Season One), Joshua Gracin (Season Two), LaToya London (Season Three), Anthony Federov (Season Four), Chris Daughtry (Season Five) and LaKisha Jones (Season Six).
And neither does Simon Cowell. Mr. Opinionated was uncharacteristically at a loss for a definitive prediction, telling reporters: "I can't call it at this stage. For Blake, he's a brilliant entertainer, but the negative is he's not a fantastic singer. The advantage for Jordin is she is a great singer and the negative is she hasn't done one performance yet which I can remember as a 'wow."'
Several weeks ago, I decided that Jordin Sparks was definitely a shoo-in as this year's winner. And both Ryan Seacrest and the odds makers agreed with me, making me that much more confident in my pick. But after last week's results, I'm no longer so sure.
In preparation for an appearance by Jessica Alba, Simon and Paula have apparently swapped seats. Paula says the reason for the switch is because Jessica is hot, and then she starts counting for no apparent reason.
I have to admit that right around Week 20, I thought this day would never come. Yet, after weeks of dragging this thing out, suddenly everything is happening quickly. I mean, heck, I missed one week of recapping and both Chris Richardson and Phil Stacey went home.
"The pressure is on," says Ryan. This is where it gets really exciting (if one of your favorites remains) or really boring (if your favorite has gone home). Either way, the waiting is almost over. In two weeks, we'll have a new American Idol.
But tonight starts pretty rough, with some uninspiring renditions across the board of Barry Gibb's greatest hits.
After receiving thousands of songs from aspiring songwriters in this year's first ever American Idol Songwriter Contest, a "team of experts has finalized a shortlist of the top 20 strongest and most suitable songs for American Idol," according to the official website.
If you want to help determine this year's winning song you'd better scoot on over to American Idol and vote soon -- the contest ends tomorrow, May 8, 2007.
Blake is safe. LaKisha is safe. Phil IS in the bottom three. Melinda is safe. Chris R rebounds from last week's bottom two and IS safe. Sanjaya (yawn) is safe AGAIN. Haley IS in the bottom three. And Jordin, of course, is safe. Which means, either Chris Sligh or Gina is in the bottom three, but we won't know who until the end of the show.
Fast Forward. Turns out CHRIS SLIGH joins PHIL and HALEY in the bottom three. But Philly is sent back to safety once again.
SLIGH vs. SCARNATO? Who's going home? Randy says it's a tough call. Paula says they both deserve "warmth" from the audience. Simon thinks it's "Bye, Bye Curly."
"I am very tempted to say to twenty-three people, book your plane tickets home", says Simon Cowell after LaKisha Jones' performance on American Idol last night.
Amen Simon. I know you're not serious but one can dream. Is this season killing you like its killing me? I cannot watch any more extremely attractive women sing songs that they are obviously not capable of singing. Nor can I watch Randy say "Big Girl, Big Song", anymore. Its very obvious who has the real talent and its obvious that the women are going to be voted for their stunning looks, or their stunning singing ability. There isn't really one that completely encompasses both and...
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Joe's Demise and the Epic Couple Swap
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Recap: Madison and Travis Prepare to Leave LA
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: Vanessa Picks the Other Side
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Spoilers: Two Contestants Arrive While Someone Has a Change of Heart
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Who Won the Week 10 Power of Veto?
- More From BuddyTV
- MTV VMAs Best & Worst Moments: Rebel Wilson's F-Bomb, Nicki Minaj's Shade, Taylor's Clean Sweep and More
- Miley Cyrus Flashes Bare Breast on Camera at MTV Video Music Awards
- Falling Skies Boss Weighs In on Series Finale's Big Twists (Including a Very Final One That Didn't Make the Cut)
- Kanye West Announces Presidential Run During Insane MTV VMA Speech
- Justin Bieber Returns to the MTV VMAs: Grade His 'Comeback' Performance
- More From TVLine
- Rachel Bilson, Melinda Clarke & Kelly Rowan Have Epic 'O.C.' Reunion at Unofficial Musical Debut!
- Kylie Jenner Parties with Scott Disick, Wears Short Blue Wig All Weekend
- Miley Cyrus Passed Around a Joint (Yes, Really) in the VMA Press Room
- Nick Jonas Teases 'Folk' Collaboration With Demi Lovato
- 7 Important Things TLC's 'Breaking The Silence' Revealed About Child Molestation
- More From ET