February 27, 2015
by Stephanie Earp, posted Mar 29th 2010 5:02PM
On Sunday night, I watched 'Keep Your Head Up Kid: The Don Cherry Story' on CBC because, as my beloved said, "We kind of have to, don't we?" I think he was thinking of my job as a Canadian TV columnist, our status as hockey fans or maybe he only meant there wasn't much else on.
But watch it we did (the first half anyway - the rest airs Monday March 29, 8 pm, CBC) and frankly, I thought it was pretty good, and I'm a little surprised about it.
CBC miniseries are not usually my cup of tea. The subjects are usually dead white guys who made Important Contributions to Our Country, which I always feel I'm supposed to know about already.
Don Cherry even agrees with me. "I feel like I should be dead," he said at a press conference for the series. "Don't they usually do these kinds of movies about dead people?"
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Amazing Race' Prediction: Which Team Will Go Home Next?
- 'American Idol' Season 14: Top 12 Girls Performance Rankings
- 'Agent Carter': What Have We Learned from the First Female Superhero Show?
- 'Kardashians' Family Secures $100 Million Deal with E!
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episode 6.17 Photos: Caroline's Got a Gun
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Murder Finale Dips, Odd Couple and Grey's Slip, Blacklist Ticks Up
- How to Get Away With Murder Renewed for Season 2 'of Insanity,' Promo Touts
- CSI's Marc Vann Plots Return to Criminal Minds This Season
- Hawaii Five-0 Sneak Peek: Danny and the 'Killing Machine' Return to Therapy
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 1 Finale Recap: Over Her Dead Body
- More From TVLine
- Vanilla Ice Says He's Dealing with Arrest: ‘It's Just a Mess'
- Ariana Grande Says She 'Almost Died' Opening Night of Her Tour
- Will Forte Gives Seth Meyers the Best Wedding Toast of All Time
- Eddie Redmayne Channels Transgender Pioneer Lili Elbe for New Film
- Zedd Met Selena Gomez Because 'He Had to Pee'
- More From ET