Lisa Edelstein, the actress whose character has bickered with (and eventually hooked up with) Dr. House, will not be returning for the show's eighth -- and likely final -- season. Instead, we just learned she'll be headed to 'The Good Wife.'
We know Huddy fans don't want to think about it, but who could ever replace her? It's possible they could promote from within, but they probably don't want to ruin the team dynamic either. And if they bumped Wilson up to bossman status, that would certainly complicate his friendship with House even more.
So we've come up with a list of strong contenders ... all women, as it turns out, so I guess we like that sexual tension, too. I mean, someone's gonna have to be the soft feminine shoulder for House to cry on when his favorite sparring partner says goodbye, right?
Most of the panel for the NBC series that's best described as part 'Lost' and part '24' was taken up by the screening of the show's pilot. Fans had only about 15 minutes for a moderator-conducted Q&A with the ensemble show's cast, which is headlined by Jason Ritter, Blair Underwood and Laura Innes.
But the good news is that If the crowd reaction was any indication, THIS is the must-see series of the fall. If you're still going through Jack Bauer and Jack Shephard withdrawal, trust us -- Ritter's Sean Walker is your new hero.
Each act break ended on a compelling cliffhanger, the biggest one was saved for the end of the show. Kudos to producers for informing viewers as to when a scene was set by starting each one off with "eight days ago" or "13 hours ago." It would be nice if
Creator Nick Wauters explained that there are definitely elements of "mystery, sci-fi, thrillers, and a love story" to 'The Event.' "We wanted to create something that' has a little bit of something for everyone."
More casting news after the jump.
(S13E12) Well, that was unexpected.
Laura Innes' character, Doctor Kerry Weaver, wasn't in many episodes over the last few years, but it looked like she was coming back into the normal ER fold. It started late last season when the issues with her degenerative hip condition were resolved, allowing her to walk freely without the need of a crutch. Then, after preventing Kovac from getting fired, she was demoted back down to the ER as a mere attending. She became a medical reporter for a local Chicago news broadcast, and she began dating her segment producer. Things were looking up for Kerry.
Now, it looks like she's leaving for good.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Jada Pinkett Smith Leaving Gotham
- Video: NCIS Alum Cote de Pablo Leads a Tour of the Dovekeepers Set
- NBC Thursday Shake-Up: Allegiance Cancelled, The Slap on the Move
- Are You Missing Vintage Scandal? Should Good Wife Wrap Campaign? Is Drunk Cookie Delicious? And More Qs!
- Ratings: Scandal, Elementary and Blacklist Slip; Grey's, Odd Couple and Bang Rise; American Crime Tops Hour
- More From TVLine
- LeAnn Rimes' Ex-Husband Dean Sheremet Details Her Cheating, Blasts Eddie Cibrian
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Tina Fey and Ellie Kemper Dish on Their Hilarious Netflix Series!
- 4-Year-Old Girl Has the Perfect Reaction When a Boy in Class Telling Her She's Ugly
- Kelly Clarkson Denies Calling Miley Cyrus a 'Pitchy Stripper,' Admits to Dating Justin Guarini
- Zack Morris Is Doing CrossFit Naked!
- More From ET