It all happened rather suddenly, when Melanie found that her sister Caroline (Laura San Giacomo) was on the cruise with her girlfriend (Sandra Bernhard). When Caroline suddenly felt she had something in common with Melanie, Melanie couldn't bring herself to tell the truth.
In the season premiere, Grace (Holly Hunter) meets a mysterious stranger and takes him home from church. A concerned Rhetta (Laura San Giacomo) consults the always dependable Internet and finds Grace's mysterious new beau hasn't been very truthful. What does she find? We'll let you find out in the video. However, please tell us you what thought about Grace's bizarre reaction.
Check out the video after the jump.
First of all, let's get this out of the way: I want Holly Hunter's body. The girl just turned 50 in March, and her body is as fit and toned as a 20-year-old triathlete. Only better, because she's got all the wisdom of a 50-year-old soul.
OK, on to the story. I won't give a blow-by-blow of the episode, which premieres July 14, 10/9c on TNT, but I will talk about key plot-points, so if you're averse to spoilers, you'd best quit reading here. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Holly Hunter stars in Grace as an Oklahoma City police detective who is visited by an angel and given a chance to redeem her life. It also stars Tom Irwin (Related), and Laura San Giacomo (Just Shoot Me). I'll watch anything with Holly Hunter, or Laura San Giacomo, in it at least once, so I plan to tune in when this show takes off. But based just on the tag line, my expectations are low.
Also on the schedule is Heartland. This one stars Treat Williams as the brilliant surgeon, Nathaniel Grant. His dedication to his work causes problems with his health and his relationships. Now, if you are thinking, "Hey, that sounds a whole lot like Everwood." then you and I are on the same page. The show even stars Gage Golightly as his daughter Thea, who doesn't seem so far removed from Delia. Still, Treat Williams is always worth a look. And it has the bonus of Morena Baccarin (Firefly) as well. The show is currently planned to follow The Closer.
I'm sure Keith will talk about this more this evening when he reviews Veronica Mars, but I thought I'd just mention the following tidbit, just in case you want to warm up your DVR's (or those primitive VC...something-or-others).
There will be a mini-reunion of Just Shoot Me stars on tonight's episode of VM. Laura San Giacomo, who played Maya Gallo on the NBC comedy, will play a new client of Veronica's Dad, Keith. Mr. Mars is played by Enrico Colantoni, who portrayed Elliott Di Mauro on Shoot Me. On that show Maya and Elliott had an on-again, off-again romance. Tonight, San Giacomo's character will hire Keith to investigate her cheating husband.
One other thing to mention about tonight's Veronica is the appearance of Matt Czuchry. If that name sounds familiar to you it's because Matt stars as Logan, Rory Gilmore's boyfriend, on Gilmore Girls, which happens to precede Veronica on the CW Network's Tuesday night schedule. Creepy, isn't it? In tonight's episode he'll play the half-brother of Veronica's boyfriend, who is also named Logan. Wow, double creepy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 4.2 Photos: The Team Protects a Mayoral Candidate
- 'The Flash' Episode 2.2 Photos: Meet Jay Garrick
- 'Supernatural' Episode 11.2 Photos: Cas Gets Tortured
- 'ANTM' Recap: One Model Returns, One Model Goes Away
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 12.3 Photos: Would Alex Make a Good Dad?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Miley Cyrus-Hosted SNL Nets Best Early Numbers Since January
- Quotes of the Week: The Goldbergs, CSI, Masters of Sex, Grey's and More
- Blood & Oil Star Previews New Power Struggles, Secret Affairs in Episode 2
- Miley Cyrus Hosts SNL (and Hillary Clinton Assists): Best/Worst Sketches?
- Unauthorized Beverly Hills, 90210 Story: Shannen Doherty's Ousting and 12 Other Semi-Accurate Revelations
- More From TVLine
- Brooklyn Decker and Andy Roddick Welcome Baby Boy
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Naptime Photo with His Baby Daughter
- Joe Jonas And Gigi Hadid Pack on the PDA with Kisses in Paris
- Kris Jenner Chimes In On Possible Names for Kim Kardashian's Baby Boy
- Scott Disick and His Rumored 18-Year-Old Girlfriend Spotted in Miami -- See the Pics!
- More From ET