According to TV Guide, Cohan will play Maggie, daughter to Wilson's Herschel, an owner of a farm that Rick, Lori and the gang stumble upon.
"[Herschel] is the patriarch of the family," Gale Anne Hurd, 'The Walking Dead' executive producer, told TV Guide. "He's a veterinarian with a great sense of humanity and a very unique take on the Walkers."
Meanwhile, like in the comic books, Cohan's Maggie will be a love interest for Steve Yuen's Glenn.
In other TV News ...
The show's first season averaged 1.4 million viewers, Deadline reports.
'Face Off' pits a combination of seasoned Hollywood pros and up-and-coming artists against each other in a series of timed challenges, TV Squad's own Mike Moody explained at the beginning of the season. The winner walked away with $1,000,000 and a year's worth of professional makeup supplies.
In other TV news ...
• Disney has anointed the new heir to Miley Cyrus' crown: Debby Ryan. The 'Suite Life' starlet is the latest actress to get her own show on the channel. 'Jessie' follows a teenager from Texas who moves to New York and becomes an au pair for a wealthy family. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• 'Mad Men' still isn't officially coming back, but Rich Sommer has booked a guest role in the meantime. The man also known as Harry Crane will appear in an upcoming episode of 'Nikita' as an electrical engineer and CIA consultant who helps Nikita break into Division. [TV Line]
• Recent 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Chuck' guest star Lauren Cohan has scored her own CW show. The actress will play a young female attorney who tackles cases with a former angel. '90210' star Ryan Eggold has also landed a lead role. Meanwhile, 'Gossip Girl' guest star Kevin Zegers will play one of the leads on Josh Schwartz's 'Georgetown' pilot. [Deadline]
According to TVLine, Ritter will be back for one episode. Lauren Graham's character, Sarah, seeks advice from her former beau, Mark, played by Ritter.
"We're very excited to have him back," Jason Katims, 'Parenthood' executive producer, said. "Sarah comes to him for advice about something. It's only a few scenes, but what's nice about it is you see that they still have this amazing connection. They are great together."
In other casting news ...
• The mayor of Cincinnati will appear on 'Undercover Boss.' Mark Mallory's episode has yet to be scheduled for airing. [WLWT]
• Martha Plimpton is in talks to return to 'The Good Wife.' The 'Raising Hope' star appeared in two episodes last season and may return this spring. [Entertainment Weekly]
• Robin Givens will appear on 'Chuck.' Givens will appear in multiple episodes as an agency head who makes an offer to Casey. 'Supernatural' and 'The Vampire Diaries' actress Lauren Cohan will recur on the series as Vivian, a socialite and daughter of a criminal mastermind. [TVLine]
News Roundup: ABC Moves 'Wipeout' from Summer to Winter, Lauren Cohan Joins 'Vampire Diaires' and More
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the ABC obstacle competition series will return in January with a winter wonderland episode. With its new January premiere date, the series will feature icy stunts such as Spanker Sleds, the Wipeout Ski Lift and the Polar Bear Run.
These eight winter episodes will be considered part of the show's fourth season and help plug ABC's midseason programming.
In other TV news ...
• NBC is planning a new show billed as a mix of 'Survivor' and 'The Bachelor.' The series may feature teams of potential couples doing various challenges while sparking romance. [Vulture]
• CNN's coverage of the Chilean miner rescue scored the network big ratings. The network claims its video streams increased by 2700 percent, serving 3 million streams. [Hollywood Reporter]
• Bruce Boxleitner will guest star on 'NCIS.' Boxleitner has been tapped to play Vice Admiral C. Clifford Chase, a high-ranking Navy official who looks to the NCIS team when his friend is killed. [TV Guide]
(S03E15) The penultimate episode of season three went a long ways toward answering many of our questions. The season long question of whether or not Dean can get out of his deal remains up in the air, but we now know what has to be done to save him. All of those little bits were enough to sell this episode, but just for kicks and giggles, the fine folks over at Supernatural tossed in some answers about the controversial Bela. And even that wasn't enough. The monster of the week managed to tie both of those stories together, and give a shout out to John. There was a lot going on, and we'll get to it all, after the jump.
(S03E10) Ya know, it's times like this when I miss the old TV Squad episode rating system, because here is one that I could have given the coveted 7 out of 7 to. The Supernatural team delivered on all counts this week. There was the usual humor, with some terrific one liners (Brad Pitt?), a good bit of the creepy, a big step for Dean's ongoing story, all the Bobby you could ask for, and one more reason to be really frickin' annoyed with Bela. Really, what more could you want out of your Thursday night? We don't need no stinkin' ghostbusters with jacked up vacuum cleaners.
(S03E07) Well now, guess who's back? This was an episode that many Supernatural fans had been waiting a good ten months for. Technically, Gordon Walker returned a few weeks ago in "Bad Day At Black Rock". But that was just a little taste, a hint at what was to come. This was the payoff, and it was well worth the wait. On the off chance that Gordon's obsessed return wasn't enough, they also brought along Buffy vet Mercedes McNab, and the boys made a little more progress in their ongoing, car based, relationship therapy.
(S03E06) "How do you sleep at night?"
"On silk sheets, rolling naked in money."
Week six picks up right where we left off, with Sam having dispatched the crossroads demon in his attempt to get Dean out of the deal, and Dean figuring the whole thing out. It also marked the return of the feisty new hunter/artifact dealer Bela. Together the three of them set out on another adventure that once again got the balance of the mystery, the creepy, and the comedy just right.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'RHONYC' Star Sonja Morgan Not Surprised by Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal
- Will 'Bachelorette' Couple Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth Get Their Own Spinoff Series?
- 'Last Comic Standing' Recap: From Ten To Five
- 'Extant' Recap: Molly Might Have a Way to Beat the Humanichs
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 1 Finale Recap: Elliot Searches For a Missing Tyrell
- More From BuddyTV
- Marvel's Agent Carter Season 2 First Look: Who's the (New) Boss?
- Hand of God: 5 Things to Know About Amazon's Dark Look at Faith
- Ratings: Carmichael Rises, Extant Dips
- Bloodline Season 2: Birdman Actress Joins Cast as New Series Regular
- Mindy Project: Dr. Lahiri Defies Gravity, Gets Cheeky in Season 4 Posters
- More From TVLine
- Sofia Vergara Dresses Up as Ed O'Neill's Other TV Wife Peggy Bundy -- Who Wore the Wig Best?!
- Tom Brady Beats Deflategate Suspension Amid Gisele Bundchen Divorce Rumors
- Star Sightings September 2015
- 'Bachelorette' Star Ali Fedotwosky Is Engaged -- See the Ring!
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Jeb Bush Fundraiser for Raising 'Money Off My First Show'
- More From ET