An estimated 50 million viewers were watching as country crooner McCreery was revealed to be lip-syncing at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York.
Meanwhile, Alaina can now join the pantheon of singers -- yes, we mean you Christina Aguilera, Cyndia Lauper and ... um ... Scotty McCreery -- who've flubbed the national anthem on live TV.
After this year's 'American Idol' finalists Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery made the top two, life has changed for the teenagers in the last few months. Scotty was named this year's 'American Idol' winner, and Lauren the runner-up, and both have been focusing entirely on their careers ever since. First, they kicked off the American Idols LIVE! Tour with fellow finalists from the year, and now they're working on their debut albums. AOL TV's friends at The Boot sat down with both Scotty and Lauren before the Nashville stop of the trek to get the scoop on their rapid rise to fame, along with Lauren's recovery from her big fall.
Where were you this time last year?
Scotty: At this time last year, I would have been on the baseball field. We have spring ball for the school, and summer ball, getting ready for the school. So, I would have been on the baseball field pitching away.
And where are you a year later?
Scotty: Yesterday, I was in the studio, working away and recording some songs for the new album. We've got two or three done. I've definitely been writing. For this album, I don't think any of my original stuff will be on it, because it's happened so quick for me, and it's rapid-fire. We're definitely still writing and jamming out on the bus.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Walking Dead' Recap: Father Gabriel Arrives
- 'Revenge' Recap: How Does Emily React to Her Father Being Alive?
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Hook and Anna Make Deals with Rumple
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' Season 6 Finale Recap: The Cast Reacts to Teresa and Joe's Sentencing
- 'Resurrection' Recap: What Secret Does Margaret Know?
- More From BuddyTV
- Lorde Gets Banned In San Francisco Because Of Silliest Reason Possible
- Stanley Tucci & Wife Felicity Blunt Expecting Their First Child
- How Brad Pitt Taught His Son About War - And Made 'Fury' a No. 1 Movie
- Serena Williams Makes a Grand Slam Against 'Racist and Sexist' Remarks
- The Kardashians Are Clothes Sharing Sisters
- More From ET