The 'Rookie Blue' set is buzzing as the cast and crew work away on Season 2. The biggest change here since Season 1 is the addition of a toilet in one of the cells –- part of the painstaking efforts to make the show as realistic as possible.
The breakout hit from last summer is filmed on location across Toronto, but its base is here, inside a non-descript warehouse just outside the downtown core. Right now the cast is gathered in the briefing room as the crew films a meeting scene from every possible angle. While the rookies may not be brand spanking new, they still have a lot to learn. Season 2 has lots of curveballs in store, including the addition of Lauren Holly ('Dumb & Dumber') in a recurring role.
We caught up with stars Missy Peregrym, who plays Andy, and Gregory Smith, who plays Dov, between takes to get the rundown on what to expect from their sophomore season. (Hint: there's gonna be a love triangle!) They also dish on second-season jitters, newly found admirers and feedback from real-life cops.
That feeling of something being incomplete carried over into the rest of the episode as well. It just didn't have the feel of the big season finale. The show set a very high bar with "Twilight" in season two and can't afford to just phone it in like this. Half of this episode could have just been dropped right in the middle of any other episode and it wouldn't have made a difference. That's fine, for episodes 2 through 23, but the big guns have to come out for the first and the last.
It almost felt like flipping the channels between two episodes that were running at the same time. The brief phone conversations between Gibbs and Shepard kind of tied the two stories together, but more than anything, they just pointed out that the story of the week was taking up time that could have been spent on La Grenouille. Maybe I'm just a little impatient, having caught a bit of the finale fever, but it just didn't all fit together for me.
Michael Ausiello at TV Guide is reporting a big scoop: NCIS star Mark Harmon is threatening to walk off the hit CBS show.
Citing inside sources, Ausiello says that Harmon has always been fed up with producer Donald Bellisario's (Magnum, P.I., JAG, Quantum Leap) "chaotic management style" and wants off the show. The source also says that Harmon is one of the nicest guys on television and that he's in the right on this one. The dispute is described as "a big standoff."
So I'll ask you readers the same thing that Ausiello asks his readers: can NCIS survive without Mark Harmon, or is he the main reason to watch the show?
[via TV Tattle]
Things like the case. The conflicting results from Abby and Ducky had me all confused. Having the plan hinge on the voice modeling software was an interesting way to go with it. The magic door was also a fun twist, and made even more so thanks to Tony's scene both discovering it, and trying to defeat it.
I was happy to see them get going with the undercover story. And pretty happy with the results as well. The rest of the team stumbling into the middle of the ongoing La Grenouille investigation while following their own leads was a good way to do it. Having the tip come from Ziva's Mossad connections put it out of Shepard's court.
The thing that surprised me most about all of it was the revelation that Gibbs has been in the dark the whole time. There really did seem to be some hints that Gibbs was in on it. Just some clever misdirection from the writers I guess.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Becoming Us' Recap: An Unexpected Setback for Carly
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'The Fosters' Recap: Rita Faces a Career Setback After Her Troubled Past Comes to Light
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Vicki and Meghan Butt Heads About Maternal Love
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Hurricane Clare Gains Strength and the First Elimination
- More From BuddyTV
- Teen Wolf Recap: Trap Queens
- Arrow's Stephen Amell, WWE's Stardust Take Their Feud to RAW
- UnREAL Finale: EP Marti Noxon Talks Rachel's 'Walter White' Moment, 'Complicated' Future With Quinn
- So You Think You Can Dance Recap: (G)Hosts With the Most
- Significant Mother: Did the New Cougar Comedy Leave You Hot or Bothered?
- More From TVLine
- Amy Poehler Makes Her Own Human Pyramid with Cecily Strong, Brie Larson, Behati Prinsloo and More!
- BREAKING: 'Real Housewives' Star Kim Richards Arrested for Shoplifting
- Stars Share Pics of Their Cute Kids
- 'Fantastic Four' Cast: 'We're Not Superheroes Yet'
- Jenna Dewan Tatum Is Making Her Superhero Debut!
- More From ET