"I told Pierce a thousand times I never wanted to meet Levar in person! I just wanted a picture! You can't disappoint a picture!" rages Troy during a meltdown later. Then, he hugs himself in a bathroom while singing the theme from 'Reading Rainbow.'
Yes, word on the street is that there may be a new version of 'Reading Rainbow' coming to your television sets soon. And by "the street" we mean "LeVar Burton's Twitter feed." Details are sketchy, which is bound to happen when you break news with a 140 character limit, but according to Burton himself, "Reading Rainbow 2.0 is in th [sic] works!"
You can start by getting them to watch one of these latest recommendations from the new 'Reading Rainbow' recommended reading series. WARNING: TV Squad will not be held responsible for the emotional harm caused by this series. Besides, it's really Funny or Die's fault for posting them, so sue them.
According to NPR, the children's program is being cut from the PBS stable of educational programming because of ... wait for it ... the Bush administration.
To prepare for the third season, here are some more web goodies for you (in addition to avatars, sneak peeks and recaps). The New York Times has an article on the cocktails of the Mad Men era, and if you want to make some of your own AMC has the drink recipes. AMC also has a Which Mad Man Are You? quiz. Or how about buying some of the era's items for your house?
There are also several interviews to read before the premiere, including Jon Hamm (here too), Christina Hendricks, Elisabeth Moss, and Vincent Kartheiser.
Oh, something from the other night, after the jump...
Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed some parts of the episode. The "shut up Wil" line by Patrick Stewart had me in stitches, as well as the sudden death of Denise Crosby (obviously, the writers are ST:TNG fans). Hell, Patrick Stewart is a recurring guest on Seth McFarlane's other series American Dad.
It just seemed to me that after the brilliant Star Wars parody from last year, they would do something more with such a line-up of talent than simply "Stewie gets to hang out and go bowling with the cast." It was even relegated to the "B" plot, with the "A" plot being Meg's sudden faith in God as a result of watching Kirk Cameron on TV.
I was hoping for something more akin to an episode of The Next Generation done Family Guy-style. Or would that have been redundant of the Star Wars episode? What do you think? Was the episode decent or could it have used improvement?
Chad Boutte, Operations Manager and Director of Marketing, said in a press release, "Hailing frequencies open. We'd like to thank all the fans and friends of Star Trek, whose constant and amazing support we've enjoyed throughout our tenure at the Las Vegas Hilton. As we boldly go into the futures that await, know that we take your love of Star Trek: The Experience with us. We share the memories of time spent in the most unique place in the Galaxy, and we carry those memories into our futures with us. Live long, and prosper. Hailing frequencies closed." He said it in this fashion because he's a big nerd.
It's always been a dream of mine to take a road trip to Tennessee to visit Graceland and Dollywood -- a white trash pilgrimage of sorts. I don't foresee that happening any time soon, so I'll make do with American Idol's homage to Elvis, and keep my fingers crossed for Dolly's night next season.
Everything about tonight was backwards -- the favorites sorta sucked, and Elliott finally found his moment to shine. My crappy internet connection keeps going out, so enough of the pleasantries...let's do this!
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Once Upon a Time' Season 4: First Look at 'Frozen's' Elsa and Kristoff
- 'Project Runway' Season 13: Ranking the Looks of 'Unconventional Movie Nite'
- 'Manhattan' Set Photos: Take a Tour of the Past
- 'Under the Dome' Interviews: Cast Teases Possible Escape from the Dome and More!
- 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Agent Carter' Photos: The Cast Cuts Loose at San Diego Comic Con 2014
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Cast Names Nick and Juliette's Baby, Teases [Spoiler]'s Fate and More
- Parenthood Scoop: Breaking Bad's Betsy Brandt Returning as Hank's Ex
- Witches of East End Cast Talks Monster Sex, Frillian's 'Hot' Future and a Possible Ingrid/Dash Connection
- TVLine Items: Gotham Casts Mobster Maroni, Mindy Taps Sunny Star & More
- Did The Strain Infect Voldemort? Is Teen Wolf a Big Bad Tease? Another Sharknado Fish Story? And More TV Qs
- More From TVLine
- Justin Bieber Looks So Unbearably Sad on a Yacht in Ibiza
- ‘Bachelor in Paradise' Is As Full of Twists, Drama, & Hook Ups As We Thought!
- 10 Celebs Who Were Too Old to Play High School Students
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Pretty Little Liars': Watch the First Scene of Next Week's 'Crazy' Episode!
- Justin Bieber's Not So Number 1 Fans
- More From ET