This past Saturday, the 59th Annual Creative Emmy Awards were given out and aside from a few exceptions, the winners were no surprise.
The biggest event of the night came when American Idol won its first Emmy ever for "Outstanding Technical Direction." The spectacular "Idol Gives Back" episode was responsible for the Emmy, specifically the duet between Celine Dion and the late Elvis Presley. The honor is of particular interest because it gives AI a break in the second biggest losing streak in Emmy history, 22 losses. The record of 25 nominations without a win is still held by Newhart.
Don't get me wrong- Det. Beck is an interesting character. She's definitely a fish out of water in the Special Victims Unit with her intense approach to investigations. She's used to chasing down bad guys who have warrants out for their arrests, not taking time to talk to a victim of a sex crime. She's rude to most of the victims but, predictably, learns a little bit about investigations when she interviews a beautiful, elderly French woman, played by Leslie Caron, at the end. (I think Caron's agonizing performance was most memorable) We also learn that Beck is from Denmark, which explains the real-life accent, and that her husband was a NYPD cop who was murdered.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Cast Photos
- 'Red Band Society' Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 19 Shocking Moments from 'Turn'
- [Video] 'The Mindy Project' Season 3 Preview: Awkward Sex, Gossip and Danny's Special Skills
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 19 Premiere Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville First Look: Laura Benanti's Sadie Cozies Up to [Spoiler]
- Bones Open House: Tour Booth and Brennan's Crazy-Cool New Crib
- Video: Great Scot! Kevin McKidd Gives Franklin & Bash a Royal Ultimatum
- TVLine Items: Wallenda Walks Chicago, Big View Ratings, DIG Delay and More
- Mindy Project: Pop-Up Exes, a Killer Cousin and 6 More Season 3 Nuggets
- More From TVLine