Fortunately, there was also a lot more happening in Chuck's world as well, developments with Sarah, the Intersect, and his future roommate -- Sarah or Morgan. More on all that, after the jump.
Rather odd clip at AOL TV, from last night's Jay Leno. Mel Gibson was on the show, to talk about his new movie Apocalypto and, you know, what he's been up to the past few months. It's not the whole interview (maybe NBC.com has it?), but it's a snippet that shows Gibson munching on a big cookie while answering questions about sobriety and healing.
Gibson makes a joke that a security guard at the show told him that if he could walk a straight line he'd get a cookie, but it seems to me like Gibson was trying to do something casual and funny to take a bit of the edge off of the interview and what reaction the audience would have. From the sound of the laughter and applause, from the audience and Leno, it seems like Gibson is back and everything's OK. Wheeeeeeee! (As for the reference to Danny DeVito and George Clooney, I don't think Gibson meant it literally, I think he was making a joke about DeVito's recent appearance on The View and DeVito's drinking with Clooney the night before.)
This might be Mel Gibson's "Hugh Grant moment," going on Leno and making jokes and coming out of it OK. Now, can Michael Richards be far behind?
Here's part one of her interview this morning with Mel Gibson on Good Morning, America. She seems to ask all the right questions, but in the end, not really. She just barrels through the questions, in that "this is a celebrity, let's be more touchy-feeling with him instead of investigative-reporter-ish with him" sort of way. You can see why Gibson chose her. She has that air of respectability, but in reality she's slow pitch softball ("Where does this anger come from?"). Maybe we should hold judgement until the second half of the interview airs tomorrow, but this clip just looks like a Daily Show parody than a real interview. The interruptions are annoying (why so many voiceovers?).
It's worth it though to hear Gibson talk about choking his toaster. And, no, that's not a euphemism for anything dirty. (Video after the jump.)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Ratings: Shark Tank Slips, Dixie Drops, CBS and NBC Dramas Tick Down
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator
- More From TVLine