Fortunately, there was also a lot more happening in Chuck's world as well, developments with Sarah, the Intersect, and his future roommate -- Sarah or Morgan. More on all that, after the jump.
Rather odd clip at AOL TV, from last night's Jay Leno. Mel Gibson was on the show, to talk about his new movie Apocalypto and, you know, what he's been up to the past few months. It's not the whole interview (maybe NBC.com has it?), but it's a snippet that shows Gibson munching on a big cookie while answering questions about sobriety and healing.
Gibson makes a joke that a security guard at the show told him that if he could walk a straight line he'd get a cookie, but it seems to me like Gibson was trying to do something casual and funny to take a bit of the edge off of the interview and what reaction the audience would have. From the sound of the laughter and applause, from the audience and Leno, it seems like Gibson is back and everything's OK. Wheeeeeeee! (As for the reference to Danny DeVito and George Clooney, I don't think Gibson meant it literally, I think he was making a joke about DeVito's recent appearance on The View and DeVito's drinking with Clooney the night before.)
This might be Mel Gibson's "Hugh Grant moment," going on Leno and making jokes and coming out of it OK. Now, can Michael Richards be far behind?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Game of Thrones' Quotes from 'The Gift'
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Leaves Rehab for Daughter's Wedding
- Britt Nilsson Still Dating 'Bachelorette' Suitor Brady Toops?
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson: 'I Don't Want to Look Like a Plastic Barbie Doll'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei Gets What She Deserves
- More From BuddyTV
- Once's Merlin, Empire's Own Iggy, Arrow's Darhk Foe and 26 More Homes for Stars of Cancelled Shows
- GoT Recap: Royally Screwed
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- More From TVLine