The drama about US Marshals using former fugitives to track other criminals on the run has been well-received by both viewers and critics. Its premiere in March 2011 was seen by 2.8 million viewers.
Originally commissioned as a pilot for Fox, A&E scooped up the project from 'Prison Break' veterans Santora and Matt Olmstead.
"Thanks to all the BOK FANS for their support in our quest for a Season 2 pickup! As you've all heard already, it's official - we're back!" Santora said on Twitter.
Production on Season 2 is expected to begin later this year.
In other TV news ...
Brett told you the other day that it looked like FOX was pulling the new game show The Rich List after only one episode, and Jonathan told you about The O.C. being moved back to Wednesday nights. But what got kinda lost in the mix of all these FOX schedule moves is that the network has also canceled the freshman comedy Happy Hour. (They've even removed it from the web site drop down menu - that was quick.)
I can't say that this is much of a surprise. I'm actually surprised that it lasted this long on the schedule. I have absolutely no idea if it was a bad show or not, but it got terrible reviews from critics, and many readers here picked it as the first show to be canceled in our contest.
Was the show as bad as everyone says? It seemed to have a funny premise (straight-laced guy influenced by his wacky bachelor best friend who turns his life upside down), but critics hated it, and I don't think the ratings were that great either. Readers, did it deserve a chance, or is it just another one of those terrible short-lived FOX sitcoms to add to the list of terrible short-lived FOX sitcoms?
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Revenge's Karine Vanasse Lays Out Margaux's Plan to Destroy Emily
- Blake Shelton Hosts SNL: What Were the Best and Worst Sketches?
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88
- Performer of the Week: Allison Janney
- Ratings: Constantine and Dixie Tick Up, Glee Flat, Shark Tank Rerun Tops Night
- More From TVLine
- Surprise! Rihanna Drops New Song With Kanye West and Paul McCartney
- This Wrong 'Wheel of Fortune' Answer Kept Getting Repeated and Repeated
- Stars Hit the 2015 Sundance Film Festival
- Lindsay Lohan Credits Her Calvin Kleins for Helping Fight Off Rare Virus
- Blake Shelton Is Giving Away His Music For Free
- More From ET