April 15, 2014
by Jason Hughes, posted Apr 14th 2010 1:03PM
(S01E05) Ah, family. Probably the one thing Raylan didn't want to have to deal with upon his return to Kentucky. Unfortunately, a stakeout brought him to Harlan, where his father and stepmother live and operate. For the first time since 'Justified' premiered, we got a huge dose of the Givens family drama Raylan was running away from in the first place.
Can't say as I blame him. Family is always family, but if I had someone like Raylan's father Arlo to deal with in my family, I don't know how I'd handle it. Both Timothy Olyphant and Raymond J. Barry, as Arlo, did a masterful job of showing the layers of complexity in their relationship throughout the episode.
The hurt and frustration Raylan went through as a child never quite left him, and while there are traces of guilt and regret in Arlo, there's so much more of him that's never bothered to change and never quite will.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Awkward Season Premiere Recap: Exes and O's
- The Voice Playoffs Recap: The (Rise and) Fall of the House of Usher
- Glee Recap: The Seven Day Itch
- Dallas EP Previews Pamela's 'Vengeance,' Elena's Little Problem and More Season 3B Scoop
- Maya Rudolph Returning to NBC With Variety Special The Maya Rudolph Show
- More From TVLine
- Did Coachella Crash Instagram? Inside Social Media's Biggest Party
- Catherine Zeta-Jones & Michael Douglas Make First Red Carpet Appearance In A Year
- EXCLUSIVE: Drake Bell's 'Bitchcraft' Video Premiere
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized, Cancels Tour Date
- 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Juice Cleanse & More McNozzo Bromance!
- More From ET