That could be the explanation for a secretive cameo by '70s sci-fi icon Lindsay Wagner on an upcoming episode of 'Warehouse 13's' second season. The 'Bionic Woman' star, now in semi-retirement from acting, is de-mothballing her own career for an upcoming guest appearance on the show, which she's shooting at the end of this month in Toronto.
When someone remakes a TV show or a movie, they often go more serious or darker. Is it because producers and directors feel they have to go "serious" to justify a remake? Do we live in more cynical times? Do the producers feel that they can't make a quality show that also happens to be light?
Kenneth Johnson, the creator of the original Bionic Woman series in the '70s (a spinoff of The Six Million Dollar Man), tells the L.A. Times that he's worried about the remake. I guess I would, too, if an NBC exec called my show "kind of cheesy." Although Johnson has been impressed with the work of producer David Eick on Battlestar Galactica, he's not so sure they're doing the right thing with the remake of his show.
I have a confession to make: I used to be in love with Lindsay Wagner.
Now, she didn't know anything about it, of course. I was around 11 years old, so she probably wouldn't have given me the time of day. But I bring this up because NBC is bringing back Wagner's Six Million Dollar Man spinoff The Bionic Woman. If you never saw it, here's a plot summary: teacher gets into accident, gets superpowers such as super hearing and strength, solves crimes for the government.
The show will be supervised by Battlestar Galactica producer David Eick, so we can expect a huge update of the story and how they go about it. Hey, as long as they don't have that damn bionic dog in it, I might check this out. I wonder they'll twist things like on Battlestar Galactica and make the Fembots all men?
Speaking of Wagner, is she doing anything else besides those Sleep Number bed commercials? She still looks great.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Jared and Jade Become Hot Commodities
- 'Big Brother 17' Recap: King James Makes a Big Move
- 'Falling Skies' Interviews: The Finale Is 'Pretty Wild' and 'It's Not an Unhappy Ending'
- [Video] 'Bachelor in Paradise' Season 2 Kicks Off with Wedding
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective Recap: Up in Flames
- Food Network Star Recap: No Country for Bold Ramen
- UnREAL Finale Preview: Rachel's Choice, Quinn's War, Broken-Hearted Jeremy and Season 2 Scenarios
- Stephen Colbert's Late Show Promos Wield Magic, Mitt and a 'Dreamboat'
- The 100 Season 3 Video: Cast Talks Jaha's Revenge, Lexa's Return & More
- More From TVLine
- 'I Am Cait' Gets Emotional and Educational During a Road Trip With Some New Friends
- Cara Delevingne Shows Off Pink Hair at Girlfriend's Concert in Montreal
- Eliza Dushku Got Kicked Out of Hotel Room to Make Way for One Direction
- Jericho the Lion Is Alive Despite Reports
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys a Girls Night Out with Shania Twain: 'Music is Medicine'
- More From ET