That could be the explanation for a secretive cameo by '70s sci-fi icon Lindsay Wagner on an upcoming episode of 'Warehouse 13's' second season. The 'Bionic Woman' star, now in semi-retirement from acting, is de-mothballing her own career for an upcoming guest appearance on the show, which she's shooting at the end of this month in Toronto.
When someone remakes a TV show or a movie, they often go more serious or darker. Is it because producers and directors feel they have to go "serious" to justify a remake? Do we live in more cynical times? Do the producers feel that they can't make a quality show that also happens to be light?
Kenneth Johnson, the creator of the original Bionic Woman series in the '70s (a spinoff of The Six Million Dollar Man), tells the L.A. Times that he's worried about the remake. I guess I would, too, if an NBC exec called my show "kind of cheesy." Although Johnson has been impressed with the work of producer David Eick on Battlestar Galactica, he's not so sure they're doing the right thing with the remake of his show.
I have a confession to make: I used to be in love with Lindsay Wagner.
Now, she didn't know anything about it, of course. I was around 11 years old, so she probably wouldn't have given me the time of day. But I bring this up because NBC is bringing back Wagner's Six Million Dollar Man spinoff The Bionic Woman. If you never saw it, here's a plot summary: teacher gets into accident, gets superpowers such as super hearing and strength, solves crimes for the government.
The show will be supervised by Battlestar Galactica producer David Eick, so we can expect a huge update of the story and how they go about it. Hey, as long as they don't have that damn bionic dog in it, I might check this out. I wonder they'll twist things like on Battlestar Galactica and make the Fembots all men?
Speaking of Wagner, is she doing anything else besides those Sleep Number bed commercials? She still looks great.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Scandal' Quotes from 'The Key'
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' Recap: A Room Full of Liars
- 'Project Runway' Season 13 Finale Recap: And the Winner Is...
- The 10 Worst Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: Callie & Arizona Head to Therapy...Can Their Marriage Be Saved?
- More From BuddyTV
- How to Get Away With Murder Recap: The Writing's on the Wallpaper
- Scandal Recap: The One Where Everyone Believes that Jake Killed a Kid
- Project Runway Finale: Did the Right Designer Win Season 13?
- ABC Orders More Castle, Once, Grey's Anatomy and 5 Other Series
- Vampire Diaries Recap: Paternity Quest
- More From TVLine