Production is already underway on the 'Titanic' mini-series, which has been penned by 'Downton Abbey' creator Julian Fellowes and will star 'Law & Order' vet Linus Roache among others.
Now casting is being finalized for a rival 12-part series 'Blood and Steel.'
According to Deadline, Derek Jacobi ('The King's Speech,' 'I, Claudius'), Chris Noth ('Sex and the City'), Neve Campbell ('Scream') and Kevin Zegers ('Gossip Girl') are all in various stages of negotiations to join the project.
Well, it turns out that Linus Roache played Robert Kennedy in the mini-series, RFK. The Kennedy connection was even alluded to in last week's episode; at the end of the show, after McCoy had to defend his decision to prosecute overzealous New York City cops by taking the stand in open court, Roache's character, Cutter, gives him a tie pin that once belonged to RFK. With the last line of the show, Cutter says, "I found it on EBay."
Aidan Quinn, who was last seen in the anti-7th Heaven drama Book of Daniel, has joined the cast of FOX's Canterbury's Law, which stars Juliana Margulies. He will have a recurring role as Matt Furey, husband to Marguiles' character. Elizabeth Canterbury.
Now, if you have seen a preview of the show on the FOX website you're probably saying to yourself 'Wait, doesn't she have a husband already?'. Well, yes. It's Matthew Canterbury, played by Linus Roache. Only Linus, the show's producers and FOX broadcasting know the reasons for the re-casting. So goes television.
Linus Roache, who starred in NBC's Kidnapped, has joined Law and Order as an assistant district attorney. His character will replace Jack McCoy (Sam Waterston), who moves to serve as New York district attorney. McCoy (Waterston) replaces D.A. Arthur Branch, who was played by former real-life senator Fred Thompson. Thompson left the series to explore a possible presidential bid.
Roache also appeared in Canterbury's Law, a midseason pilot for FOX starring Juliana Margulies as a lawyer who doesn't mind bending the rules. It's unknown at this time whether or not Roache will appear in both series.
Roache's other credits include the movies Batman Begins and the TV movie RFK, in which he played Robert F. Kennedy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 2.21 Photos: The Mirakuru Soldiers
- 'The Originals': 15 Shocking Moments from 'An Unblinking Death'
- 'The Bachelorette' Contestant Eric Hill Dies After Paragliding Accident
- USA Sets Summer Premiere Dates for 'Suits,' 'Graceland,' 'Covert Affairs' and More
- 'RHOA': Phaedra Parks Talks About Her Marriage Issues and Reunion Drama
- More From BuddyTV
- Exclusive Reign First Look: Francis, Mary and Catherine Get a Nasty Surprise
- Parks and Rec's Amy Poehler & Mike Schur on the Season Finale ('Big Things Happen'), Baby Mania
- May Sweeps Scoopapalooza: 99+ Spoilers on Your Favorite Series' Season-Ending Episodes
- Charlize Theron and Andy Samberg to Host Final Saturday Night Live Episodes of the Season
- Ratings: S.H.I.E.L.D. and Voice Slip, Supernatural and About a Boy Rise, Glee Ties Low
- More From TVLine