When I posted my list of the top 5 best TV dads last Father's Day many of you commented that I missed a few really good patriarchs. This included Keith Mars, Keith Mars, Keith Mars, and, oh yeah, Keith Mars. So, there was no doubt in my mind that a new list of TV dads needed to be compiled for this Father's Day. I mean, you dads out there need something else as a gift other than the glow-in-the-dark tie your kids purchased at the dollar store. So, without fanfare, here are five more of the greatest TV dads. And, guess who's first?
Keith Mars (Veronica Mars): Commenters have mentioned that Veronica's dad, Keith (played by Enrico Colantoni), was one of the most real and believable fathers on television. He was also very loving and supportive of Veronica in her side hobby of solving crimes, big and small. If the series had gone to a fourth season with (as rumors stated) Veronica leaving her friends and family in Neptune behind in order to become an FBI agent, the presence of Keith Mars would have been sorely missed.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Arrow' Episode 3.5 Photos: Felicity's Origin Story
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Episode 7.9 Photos: Conflict and Heartache Strike SAMCRO
- 'The 100' Episode 2.3 Photos: Clarke and Anya Attempt an Escape
- 'Reign' Episode 2.6 Photos: Mary and Catherine on the Run
- Best 'Bones' Quotes from 'The Corpse at the Convention'
- More From BuddyTV
- Grimm Post Mortem: Claire Coffee on Vengeance, Vermin &'Gossipy' Wesen
- NBC Recast Scoop: Uma Thurman In, Mary-Louise Parker Out in The Slap
- Sharon Stone to Play Female Veep in TNT's Newly Greenlit Agent X
- Bad Judge and A to Z Cancelled by NBC
- The Originals Photos: Esther Tortures Elijah — Plus: Her Master Plan Revealed
- More From TVLine
- What Really Happened While Making ‘Honey Boo Boo'
- 30 Years Later, ‘CHiPs' Cast Reunites
- Snooki Opens Up About Her New Baby, Upcoming Wedding and Not Having Sex
- Child Services Investigating Honey Boo Boo's Family, Grandmother Says
- 19 Rules Everyone Should Follow on Halloween (Yes, That Means You Too)
- More From ET