As she revealed on 'Chelsea Lately' (Weeknights, 11PM ET on E!) that has been carefully orchestrated throughout her career.
When faced with nudity in scripts for prior films, Tyler said, "I'm always trying to negotiate and convince them."
"But that's not what really happens," she would tell them. "Panties could just go to the side and a boob could pop out."
Liv Tyler didn't meet her father, Aerosmith frontman and 'American Idol' judge Steven Tyler, until she was eight-years-old. Tuesday on 'The View' (weekdays, syndicated on ABC), Liv talked about how she was enthralled with her father after they first met, and how happy she is now to see his late-career re-invention as an 'American Idol' judge.
"I remember him talking to me," said Liv, "and I just was listening to him and I was completely mesmerized by what he was saying and I kind of got sucked into his ... Steven Tyler-ness."
Similarly, Liv felt her dad's 'American Idol' judging stint has shown America a side of him she always knew was there. "It's amazing for me to see the world kind of discovering that for the first time," she said. "It's beautiful for me to see him at this point in his life doing something completely new and different."
And yet, she somehow made it to Round 2 of that year's competition with her duo "Pleather & Lace." Jimmy Fallon was her partner in the group and proved just as tone-deaf and difficult to listen to as Tyler.
We will, however, give them credit for those fantastic blazers, and for Tyler's beautiful ponytail twirl. That takes real star power.
• Denise Richards is taking no chances when it comes to protecting herself and her daughters following Charlie Sheen's "vile" public attack on her. Sources are saying the 'Starship Troopers' beauty has "increased her security" at home.
• Hollywood stars are just like you. Some of your favorite TV stars returned to their workweek grind yesterday and were caught filming scenes from upcoming projects.
• Liv Tyler may be more famous for her film career than her singing voice, but she recently said she'd be down to do a duet with her dad, 'American Idol' judge Steven Tyler.
Out of the celebrities mentioned, I'm most interested to see Eminem. I haven't seen the Real Slim Shady on TV in awhile. He's always a good interview though -- all that contrived hostility and testosterone in overdrive. Who are you looking forward to seeing? Or is Kimmel's fabulousness enough to get you to tune in?
The schedule is after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ABC Family, HBO and MTV Lead GLAAD's Annual LGBT Inclusion Study; CW Has No Regular LGBT Characters
- MTV's Happyland: Is New Comedy Worth the Price of Admission?
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Risky Business
- The Voice Recap: The Curious Case of Un-Pushed Buttons [Updated]
- The Mindy Project Recap: Evasive Maneuvers
- More From TVLine