The 1980s was the beginning of the end for Filmation Studios ... sort of. For, while their Saturday morning fortunes began to fade and eventually disappear, their successes turned to the burgeoning syndication market. It was there, starting in the early 1980s, that the studio introduced us to a sword-wielding warrior who became an animated legend.
Unfortunately, the studio's success in syndication would be a small, but powerful, blip for the two-decade old company. By the end of the 1980s the studio would fade into memory as the company was broken up and its talent moved onto bigger and better things.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The Mindy Project: Niecy Nash Joins Season 3 Cast as Mindy's New Rival
- Vampire Diaries Season 6: Elena's 'Drug Problem' Revealed in New Teaser
- Enlisted Officially Discharged as Yahoo Passes on a Second Season
- TVLine Items: Paul Reubens Gets Blacklisted, an OITNB Return & More
- Is Dome Too Tech Savvy? Should Rookie Cop Quit? Ship Happens on The Strain? Sex Wife Insane? And More Qs
- More From TVLine
- Taylor Swift's 'Shake It Off' Video Director Hits Back at Racist Claims
- Miley Cyrus Concert Banned in Dominican Republic
- The Spider-Woman Cover That Looks Like A Nicki Minaj Parody Became One
- The Voice Season 7: Watch New Coaches Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams in Action!
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth to a Baby Girl!
- More From ET