The 1980s was the beginning of the end for Filmation Studios ... sort of. For, while their Saturday morning fortunes began to fade and eventually disappear, their successes turned to the burgeoning syndication market. It was there, starting in the early 1980s, that the studio introduced us to a sword-wielding warrior who became an animated legend.
Unfortunately, the studio's success in syndication would be a small, but powerful, blip for the two-decade old company. By the end of the 1980s the studio would fade into memory as the company was broken up and its talent moved onto bigger and better things.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Blake Shelton's Team
- 'The Bastard Executioner' Recap: Can Lady Love Prove She's Pregnant?
- 'Scream Queens' Recap: Who is the Hag of Shady Lane?
- 'The Voice' Season 9: Meet Pharrell Williams' Team
- 'iZombie' Season 2 Premiere Recap: Major and Blaine Wrestle with the Zombie Cure's Side Effects
- More From BuddyTV
- Watch Hannibal Buress's Unaired Pilot for This Absurdly Hilarious, Self-Explanatory Reality-ish Show Called Unemployable
- It's Official: Taylor Swift Unsurprisingly Has the Most Popular Instagram Account
- Paul McCartney Unveiled New Michael Jackson Vocals With This 'Say, Say, Say' Video, Remix
- More from Vulture