The 1980s was the beginning of the end for Filmation Studios ... sort of. For, while their Saturday morning fortunes began to fade and eventually disappear, their successes turned to the burgeoning syndication market. It was there, starting in the early 1980s, that the studio introduced us to a sword-wielding warrior who became an animated legend.
Unfortunately, the studio's success in syndication would be a small, but powerful, blip for the two-decade old company. By the end of the 1980s the studio would fade into memory as the company was broken up and its talent moved onto bigger and better things.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'RHOBH' Star Kim Richards Avoids Jail Time for Beverly Hills Hotel Assault Case
- 'The Whispers' Season 1 Finale Recap: Is Drill Stopped Once and for All?
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Recap: Has Vicki Finally Met Her Match?
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jaclyn's Arrival Fuels Ashley's Desperation
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Recap: The Top 6 Dance and Two Go Home
- More From BuddyTV
- NFL Star J.J. Watt Is 'Heartbroken' Over Jennifer Aniston's Marriage
- Benji Madden Wishes Wife Cameron Diaz a Happy Birthday: ‘I'm the Luckiest Guy Alive'
- Blake Lively Designs Handbag and Names It After Daughter James
- David Beckham Gets Sweet Tattoo in Honor of Son Brooklyn
- Star Sightings August 2015
- More From ET