The 1980s was the beginning of the end for Filmation Studios ... sort of. For, while their Saturday morning fortunes began to fade and eventually disappear, their successes turned to the burgeoning syndication market. It was there, starting in the early 1980s, that the studio introduced us to a sword-wielding warrior who became an animated legend.
Unfortunately, the studio's success in syndication would be a small, but powerful, blip for the two-decade old company. By the end of the 1980s the studio would fade into memory as the company was broken up and its talent moved onto bigger and better things.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Originals' Episode 2.20 Photos: Will Klaus Make a Deal with Dahlia?
- 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' Reunion Part 1 Recap: Kandi and NeNe Face Off
- 'Once Upon a Time' Recap: Do Both Regina and Emma Beat Fate?
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Cersei Makes a New Ally
- 'Reign' Episode 2.20 and 2.21 Photos: Mary Questions Everything After a Bittersweet Discovery
- More From BuddyTV