The 1980s was the beginning of the end for Filmation Studios ... sort of. For, while their Saturday morning fortunes began to fade and eventually disappear, their successes turned to the burgeoning syndication market. It was there, starting in the early 1980s, that the studio introduced us to a sword-wielding warrior who became an animated legend.
Unfortunately, the studio's success in syndication would be a small, but powerful, blip for the two-decade old company. By the end of the 1980s the studio would fade into memory as the company was broken up and its talent moved onto bigger and better things.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Watch 'Chasing Life' Season 2
- 'The Bachelorette' Prediction: Who Will Be Sent Home Week 8?
- Claudia Jordan on Being Fired on 'RHOA': 'It's Not Over Until the Fat Lady Sings'
- 'RHOA' Star Cynthia Bailey: 'The Show Has Never Been About One Person'
- 'The Bachelorette' Spoilers: Kaitlyn's Confession and the Big Showdown
- More From BuddyTV
- The Good Wife Season 7: Makenzie Vega No Longer a Series Regular
- Good Wife Retains Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Season 7 Regular — Is He (Finally) the One for Alicia?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Series Gets Premiere Date, Explosive New Poster
- A Series of Unfortunate Events: Watch (Fake) Teaser for Netflix Adaptation
- Nashville's Jonathan Jackson Previews Lucky's 'Whirlwind' GH Return
- More From TVLine
- Watch Abby Wambach Kiss Her Wife After Winning the Women's World Cup and Feel Eternally Happy
- Kourtney Kardashian Splits From Scott Disick After He's Spotted With Another Woman
- Demi Lovato Falls Hard During Pool Party Performance
- Britney Spears Recreates the 'Oops!... I Did It Again' Cover with Sons Sean & Jayden
- EXCLUSIVE: A Somber Ben Affleck Returns Alone After Bahamas Trip With Jennifer Garner
- More From ET