The 1980s was the beginning of the end for Filmation Studios ... sort of. For, while their Saturday morning fortunes began to fade and eventually disappear, their successes turned to the burgeoning syndication market. It was there, starting in the early 1980s, that the studio introduced us to a sword-wielding warrior who became an animated legend.
Unfortunately, the studio's success in syndication would be a small, but powerful, blip for the two-decade old company. By the end of the 1980s the studio would fade into memory as the company was broken up and its talent moved onto bigger and better things.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 4?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- 'America's Got Talent' Predictions: Which Six Semifinalists Will Advance?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 3 Photos: Behind the Scenes of the Rainy Photo Shoot
- 'Under the Dome': 19 Shocking Moments from 'The Red Door'
- More From BuddyTV
- The Next Bachelor: Farmer Chris Soules
- Chelsea Lately's Final Hour: Handler Says (and Sings) Goodbye to E!
- Has Once Upon a Time's Season 4B Villain Been Revealed...?
- Post Mortem: Covert Affairs Bosses Talk [Spoiler]'s Fate, Annie and Auggie's 'Challenge' and More
- Pretty Little Liars Summer Finale Recap: Death Becomes Her
- More From TVLine