Lost cast interviews
With the TV season getting back to business as usual, a few Lost stars have been making the rounds in the media this week. Earlier, E!'s Kristin Dos Santos interviewed Jeff Fahey, who plays pilot Frank Lapidus on the show. Frank is my favorite new Lost character, and Fahey is very intriguing and well-spoken in person. The actor discusses his reasons for joining the show and admits that he had never watched Lost before joining the cast.
Evangeline Lilly was a guest on Tuesday night's episode of the Late Show with David Letterman. The actress tells Dave about how a planned trip to China became an impromptu trip to Japan (no visitor's visa). She also talks about the writers' strike and how she deals with island fever during filming in Hawaii.
Both videos are available after the jump. Enjoy!
- Thomason has known co-star Dominic Monaghan for a long time, and was glad that her first Lost scenes were with him.
After last night's shocking episode of Lost, Jimmy Kimmel did his best to get the truth out of guest Evangeline Lilly. The actress may not have given up any juicy details, but she did discuss her life before acting, ABC's big Lost announcement, and, of course, makeup.
According to Lilly, the "heaviness" established in "The Man Behind the Curtain" continues through the rest of the season. She admitted that while she isn't a "huge, crazy fan" of Lost, the finale's big reveal gave her goosebumps. The actress also promoted an eco-friendly lipstick shade that she designed for Cargo Cosmetics. In keeping with Lilly's charitable nature, a portion of the proceeds from the lipstick's sales goes to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Warning--Kimmel gives away a major plot point from last night's episode during the interview. Check out the video after the jump.
Dr. Marvin Candle, also known as Dr. Mark Wickmund, is a major part of the DHARMA mystery. He has appeared in the creepy DHARMA station orientation videos, but his rank in the organization is unknown. The Tailsection recently interviewed Francois Chau, the actor who plays Dr. Candle. Chau shared behind-the-scenes details about the show, and talked about his upcoming appearance on Lost. Like a good DHARMA member, Chau did not reveal too much dirt, but he did divulge the following information:
- Before being cast on Lost, Chau had been been cast by April Webster (the show's casting director) in several other projects
- The orientation video scenes were initially filmed in California on the set of Alias. Later scenes were filmed in Hawaii.
Lost's Kiele Sanchez appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live last week to discuss the recent Nikki and Paulo episode. If you haven't seen "Exposé" yet, stop reading now. The actress responded to Kimmel's theory about Nikki's fate, talked about her acting career, and told a colorful story about breastfeeding.
Sanchez and Kimmel also discussed Lost co-star Rodrigo Santoro. Apparently "The Brazilian Tom Cruise" was very vocal about his role in the movie 300. In addition, the actress mentioned that her claustrophobia became an issue during the filming of a chilling scene from last week's episode. Video of the interview is available after the jump.
"Left Behind," the newest episode of Lost, airs this Wednesday at 10pm ET on ABC.
Michael Emerson, better known as Ben Linus on Lost, sat down with TV Guide's Matt Webb Mitovitch to go over the shocking events of "The Man From Tallahassee," his past career accomplishments, and what lies in store for the rest of the season. Among the highlights:
- The final episodes of Season Three will focus on the "renewed battle of wills between Locke and Ben."
- Fans can expect more "huge" reveals in the remaining episodes.
- Locke's reunion with Cooper will not be dealt with right away, but the issue will come back several episodes later, "with a vengeance."
Lost's Evangeline Lilly is featured in Esquire's "Women We Love" section. In addition to answering questions about the show, the actress posed for some skin-baring, Gilligan's Island-inspired photos. She shared the following details with the magazine:
- Lilly worked as an extra in the film White Chicks when she was in college.
- She still feels guilty that she was cast in Lost after doing auditions for only a month.
- Although several major characters have died on the show, she is confident that the writers are not "finished with Kate yet."
Since "The Man From Tallahassee" aired, Terry O'Quinn has gotten a lot of recognition for one of the most exciting performances of Lost's third season. The LA Times recently published an extensive interview with the actor, who gave his take on Locke's transformation over the last three seasons. Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse also shed light on what we can expect from Locke in the future. Here are the highlights:
- Damon Lindelof has stated that when the show ends, Locke will be one of the most significant characters.
- Carlton Cuse believes that John Locke is "the heart of the show."
Michael Emerson recently did an interview with The Trades, and the Lost actor gave his own interpretation of the enigmatic Ben Linus. He also hinted at the possibility of a Ben flashback, and discussed upcoming episode twists. Here's a brief recap of the major points covered in the interview:
- Emerson is currently deciding whether or not to attend his high school reunion. He believes that his fame might overshadow the event, making things "uncomfortable" for his former classmates. How different from Ben, who thrives on making people uncomfortable!
- The actor believes that the Others periodically need "fresh blood" to come to the island in order to preserve their community.
Elizabeth Mitchell made a brief appearance on E!'s The Daily 10 last week to plug Lost. A video clip of the interview is available after the jump. Mitchell discusses the alleged "Lost curse," the controversy surrounding Matthew Fox's upcoming speech at Columbia, and does a humorous 15-second pitch for the show. The newest Lost episode, "The Man From Tallahassee," airs this Wednesday at 10pm ET. Enjoy the video!
Evangeline Lilly's acting career may have started with commercials, but the Lost star took on other personalities long before then. In an interview with Australia's Courier-Mail, the actress mentions that she moved six times in a three-year period, taking on a different persona each time. After her high school graduation, Lilly traveled all over British Columbia and found herself by "trying out" other personalities. This experience has probably come in handy in her portrayal of Kate, a fugitive who took on various identities to escape arrest.
The New Zealand Herald recently interviewed Lost's Yunjin Kim, and the actress talked about her transformation from the "Korean Julia Roberts" to a part in an American ensemble drama. She also offered her opinion of Sun's character development over the last few seasons. Among the interview's highlights:
- Kim takes pride having crossed over to Hollywood roles, as she is the first Korean actress to do so.
- She is open to the possibility that Sun's baby might be "a monster" produced by the island.
ABC has posted the newest Lost audio podcast, which includes cast and crew interviews and a clip from this week's episode. Cast member Michael Emerson discusses his take on Ben Linus, and co-executive producer Jean Higgins talks about the "nuts and bolts" of filming in Hawaii. Here are the highlights:
- When out in public, Emerson gets fan reactions that range from fearful to formal.
- The actor loves performing Shakespeare; Macbeth is his all-time favorite play.
- He enjoys the "charged subtext" that his character, Ben, brings to each scene.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet The Master of 'The Strain': Robin Atkin Downes on How He Came Up with the Distinct Voice
- 'Madam Secretary' Review: A New Political Drama with Plenty of Potential
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.2 Photos: NFL Star Tony Gonzalez Guest Stars
- 'The Strain' Season 1 Episode Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Spoilers: Who Won Part 2 of the Final HoH Competition?
- More From BuddyTV
- True Detective: Colin Farrell Reportedly Confirms Season 2 Role
- Quotes of the Week from Girl Meets World, Sons of Anarchy, Mindy and More
- Can S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Brilliance Trump HYDRA's Magnificence? Lucy Lawless Previews the Season 2 Opener
- Outlander Post Mortem: Sam Heughan Bares All About the Wedding Night
- Outlander Recap: Virgin Territory
- More From TVLine