Lost final seasons
In anticipation of the show's finale, Lost executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse did an interview with ABC News. Besides promoting the season finale, the producers discussed their favorite characters, the Internet's role in the show's success, and what fans can expect from the final three seasons. Here's a brief recap of the interview:
- The writers and producers view each season as a book.
- By the end of the series, fans will learn if there are supernatural forces on the island, or if there is a "reasonable explanation" for the island's strange properties.
- Lindelof admitted that, despite their own plans for characters and storylines, the show "has a life of its own."
- The writers's choices are often inspired by fan comments on blogs and discussion boards. For example, comments about Hurley's lack of weight loss brought about the DHARMA ranch dressing plot.
Following ABC's announcement that Lost will air for three more seasons, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse shared some of their future plans with Entertainment Weekly. The producers discussed their excitement about Seasons Four through Six and previewed the Season Three finale. Among the highlights:
- All told, the six seasons of Lost will reach a total of 117 episodes.
- Straight from the mouth of Damon Lindelof: "You won't have to wait until 2010 to get all the answers you really care about."
- Cuse and Lindelof believe that a scheduled end date will satisfy fans' concerns about the writers' plans for the show.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- We're Mad For the New 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Trailer
- Katniss Prepares For War In New 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Teaser
- Kylie & Kendall Jenner Party Down With Chris Brown & Trey Songz
- Stephen Colbert Rocks Full 'Hobbit' Costume To Host Comic-Con Panel
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms He's Going To Start Making 'The Hateful Eight'
- More From ET