According to Michael Ausiello, Cavanagh had landed the lead role in the pilot for the new ABC drama 'Edgar Floats.' He'll play a police psychologist who is also a bounty hunter, so I'm thinking it's will be sorta kinda a mix of things like 'CSI' and 'Castle' and 'House.' No, he last name won't be floats. The title actually refers to him being adrift in his personal life.
This makes me want to get out my 'Ed' videotapes, and pray once again that the show will be released on DVD at some point.
To submit questions to the "Ask TV Squad" column, you can post them below in comments or email them to email@example.com.
This week, I answer questions about TV shows on DVD.
It just has a ring to it, don't you think? I doubt that we'll see Rainn bulking up Stallone-style to save the world with a knife and his guile, but he did just land a role in Michael Bay's Transformers 2. It doesn't really get more action movie than that. Wilson will play a college professor to Shia LaBeouf's Sam. It will be interesting to see how much, if any, Schrute makes it into the character.
But wait, there's more. Fans of the gone but not forgotten Las Vegas will be happy to learn that Josh Duhamel will be returning for the sequel. And fans of ridiculously hot girls will be happy to know that FHM's Sexiest Woman In The World, Megan Fox, is also returning. A warning, that FHM link is safe for my workplace, but might not be for yours. If you can't wait for Bay to finish all of those CGI sequences to get your Rainn fix, you can also catch him this summer in The Rocker as a failed drummer who gets a second chance at fame. That one also features Teddy Geiger (Love Monkey), and the trailer is after the jump.
Seeing as how the episode opened with Walter Paxton (Jason Priestley), let's start there. The dream within a dream open was very good. The head in the pantry came as quite a surprise, and led to a great Joe moment. He was so calm and forgiving when he woke up in the dream, but so frustrated and fed up when he woke up for real.
Maybe no one realized this yet. Or, maybe no one really cared. During the 2005-06 television season, seven alumni of FOX's Beverly Hills, 90210 have appeared or will appear in a regular series.
Do you doubt me? Do you think it isn't true? Do you think I have way too much time on my hands? Well, the last may be true, but that's not the point.
Click on, dear reader, for the proof that you seek.
- At 7, ABC has the original
Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston.
- At 8, CBS has a repeat of Numb3rs, followed by a repeat CSI: Miami and a new 48 Hours Mystery.
- NBC has a new, two hour Dateline, followed by a repeat Law and Order: CI.
- FOX has a repeat Cops at 8, a new Cops, then a new America's Most Wanted.
- TLC has an all-new lineup tonight, starting at 8: two new eps of Little People, Big World, a new Trading Spaces, then two new eps of Tuckerville.
- At 9, VH-1 reruns the first three episodes of Love Monkey.
- At 10, IFC has a new Henry Rollins Show, followed by a new Samurai 7.
- At 10:15, TMC has Gidget, with Sandra Dee and James Darren.
- At 11, Bo Bice guests on a new Mad TV.
- At 11:30, NBC has a new Saturday Night Live with Lindsay Lohan and Pearl Jam.
The music network will air all eight episodes of CBS' cancelled Love Monkey beginning next month. That's five episodes we haven't seen, since CBS prematurely pulled it from the schedule (damn you, CBS!).
The first three episodes of Love Monkey (the ones we've already seen) will air back-to-back starting at 7 pm (ET) on April 11. The remaining episodes air weekly on Tuesdays at 9 pm (ET).
It looks like Love Monkey, which was yanked off of the CBS Tuesday night schedule after only three episodes, is really and truly dead, according to E! Online.
According to the Watch With Kristin column the potential talks with UPN and then the CW did not pan out. In addition, it seems that the lead Love Monkey, Tom Cavanagh, is up for a new pilot, while Larenz Tate, who played Shooter, will be starring with Joe Pantoliano in a new CBS drama series called Waterfront.
With Pantoliano's luck in television lately (the cancelled CBS dramas Dr. Vegas, and The Handler) Mr. Tate may be looking for another series sooner than he thinks.
Yeah, I love TV and I write about it...but boy, sometimes I just hate it.
Case in point: last week sucked for television. You can have your Olympics, but it's also the week that we saw the last episode of Arrested Development, the cancellation of Love Monkey, and the (probable) cancellation of Surface. Ugh.
- "The guy's a conversational cul-de-sac." - Tom, about Bran's boring boss, on Love Monkey.
- "I will not be karma's bitch." - Earl, trying to take a little time off from helping people on his list, on My Name Is Earl.
- "What the hell is that?!" - Rich, to Miles about Nim in the back seat of the car, on Surface.
- "On Monday, customs agents confiscated hundreds of pounds of cocaine and two pouds of Ecstasy aboard a Haitian freighter. But tonight's Grammy Awards still went on." - Jay Leno
- "I ask myself that every day." - Stephen Colbert, asking an expert "Why can't people smoke where they want?" and getting the answer "Why can't people masturbate where they want?" as a reply, on The Daily Show.
I've got to be honest with you; I'm a bit surprised about this. I'm not really sure what the ratings for the show have been, but they couldn't have been so bad that CBS decided to pull the plug so soon. Usually creative shows like this get a little more of a chance to develop and find an audience.
Yes, the show had some problems: the dialogue was sometimes mumbled to the point of incoherence, the narration was irritating, and it seemed like Tom Cavanagh's character could do no wrong, seemingly solving all his problems by the end of each episode (I mean, last week he proved that not only is he a great A&R guy, but a fine music video director and editor, too!). But the show had enough going for it that it deserved another chance. Maybe we'll see it after sweeps are over.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- ABC's Manhattan Love Story Is Fall TV Season's First Cancellation
- More From TVLine