I know it's only July but yesterday's Daily Programming Insider at MediaWeek.com had a few interesting tidbits about the upcoming fall season.
A pilot last year, Love, Inc., starring Shannon Doherty is no longer starring Shannon Doherty when it premieres on UPN this fall. I'll pause for your total lack of surprise.
Seems Shannon felt it wasn't a good fit and took an exit, so the producers are seeking a replacement. Not that it will matter much, the show will be against The Night Stalker, CSI , and The Apprentice.
Also on UPN, Chris Rock will have his own sitcom called Everyone Hates Chris. It's described as "The experiences of comedian Chris Rock, who also narrates, growing up in Brooklyn in the early 1980s is the focus of this single camera sitcom." Success is doubtful as it is against Alias, Survivor: Guatemala, Joey, The O.C., and Smallville.
Yeah, that sounds like a winner to me too, but I did like this quote from Rock:
"I don't think I have ever done anything and walked out -- there is no evidence of that. My name is Rock, not Chappelle."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- FX orders untitled comedy starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence
- James Gandolfini death: The actor's 10 best Tony Soprano moments
- 'Necessary Roughness' webisodes: Mehcad Brooks' tough TK falls in love ... with a vacuum cleaner
- 'The Voice': Blake Shelton talks Danielle Bradbery's win and what it means for the show
- 'Ghost Hunters' Jason Hawes: In Grant Wilson's absence, Steve Gonsalves has really stepped up
- More From Zap2it
- Sopranos Star James Gandolfini Dead at 51, Hailed as 'One of the Greatest Actors of Any Time'
- Netflix Renews Hemlock Grove for Season 2
- FX Picks Up Legal Comedy Starring Kelsey Grammer and Martin Lawrence
- So You Think You Can Dance: Lessons Learned From the Top 20 Announcement Episode
- Exclusive Hannibal Video: Alana and Jack Argue Over Will's Mental Health — Is Their Pal a Killer?
- More From TVLine