I know it's only July but yesterday's Daily Programming Insider at MediaWeek.com had a few interesting tidbits about the upcoming fall season.
A pilot last year, Love, Inc., starring Shannon Doherty is no longer starring Shannon Doherty when it premieres on UPN this fall. I'll pause for your total lack of surprise.
Seems Shannon felt it wasn't a good fit and took an exit, so the producers are seeking a replacement. Not that it will matter much, the show will be against The Night Stalker, CSI , and The Apprentice.
Also on UPN, Chris Rock will have his own sitcom called Everyone Hates Chris. It's described as "The experiences of comedian Chris Rock, who also narrates, growing up in Brooklyn in the early 1980s is the focus of this single camera sitcom." Success is doubtful as it is against Alias, Survivor: Guatemala, Joey, The O.C., and Smallville.
Yeah, that sounds like a winner to me too, but I did like this quote from Rock:
"I don't think I have ever done anything and walked out -- there is no evidence of that. My name is Rock, not Chappelle."
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Season 2 Episode Photos
- 'Reign' Episode 21 Photos: The Madness of King Henry
- 'Reign': 17 Moments of James, Marriage Troubles and Catherine?s Plots from 'No Exit'
- 'The Vampire Diaries' Episodes 5.20 and 5.21 Photos: Stelena in Danger
- 'Parenthood' Season 5 Highlights: Break-ups, Breakdowns and Breakthroughs
- More From BuddyTV
- Devious Maids EP Previews Marisol's 'Dark' New Life and More Season 2 Scoop
- Nashville to Host First Lady Michelle Obama
- Lara Spencer Promoted to GMA Co-Anchor
- SNL to Celebrate 40th Anniversary With 3-Hour Live Special in 2015
- Exclusive Degrassi Sneak Peek: Zig and Miles Come to Blows in the Midseason Finale
- More From TVLine
- Exclusive: Lionel Richie Recalls His Amazing Chance Meeting with Marvin Gaye
- How Celeb Seafood Hangouts Reel in the Best Catch
- 'SNL' Star Beck Bennett Dishes Out Tough Love In 'Intramural'
- Angelina Transforms Herself Into 'Maleficent'
- Valerie Harper Sets the Record Straight on False Cancer Report
- More From ET