C.K. goes to ask for this favor, so he can maybe make his daughter happy for her birthday, and Cook confronts the controversy directly.
"Everything I read about me was about how I stole jokes from you, which I didn't," Cook said.
"I kind of think you did," C.K. responded. When Cook asked why he would risk his reputation to do that, C.K. said, "Because they were funny jokes."
The half-hour 'Louie,' which features both sketches and stand-up, will be based on Louis C.K.'s life as a comedian and divorced father of two, according to a report in Variety. The pilot episode includes two stories: Louie volunteering at his kids' school and a bad date.
We're on an economic roller coaster right now, and I don't mean a reputable roller coaster like at Six Flags. We're talking one of those death-trap coasters that even the carnies won't ride. The depressing thing is that the whole bag of crap we're in right now just seemed to come out of nowhere, like the last season of Roseanne. How did we get here? Why is this all happening now?
You might be tempted to blame the usual suspects: the president, the congress, the Stone-Cutters. But you'd be wrong. The real culprit behind this whole problems is Friends.
Comedian and actor Louis C.K. recently spoke with the AV Club about his career, including his latest stand-up special for HBO, and his short-lived HBO sitcom, Lucky Louie, an uncensored and often uncomfortably candid series shot like a basic sitcom, but without the restrictions of network TV.
I liked Lucky Louie. I didn't think it was perfect, but those moments I didn't like (stiff dialogue, some moments felt a little too forced) are common for all new shows as they work out the kinks and improve in subsequent seasons.
It was an interesting try; imagine a sitcom with a live audience, living room and kitchen sets, etc., but with the freedom of language and subject matter that HBO provides. Guess not enough people bought into the experiment for HBO's liking. The president of HBO Entertainment claims she wants to work with Louis C.K. again, but there are no current plans for a new series. At least this might give Louis more material for his stand-up act.
- At 7, NBC has more coverage of the 2006 Visa Gymnastics Championships.
- The WB has an episode of the canceled series Just Legal, though I'm not sure if it's a new ep or a repeat. There's another episode at 9.
- At 8, CBS has a new Big Brother: All-Stars.
- ESPN has The Little League World Series at 8.
- TNT has Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman in Paycheck at 8.
- There's a new Emeril Live on Food Network at 8, "New Orleans: Healing One Meal At A Time."
- Also at 8: Encore has Kim Basinger and Chris Evans in Cellular.
- At 9, HBO has a new Deadwood, followed by new episodes of Entourage and Lucky Louie.
- USA has a new episode of The 4400 at 9, followed by a new Dead Zone.
- HGTV has a new Design Star at 9.
- At 10, Showtime has a new Brotherhood.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Live Blog: The Top 16 Dance and Two Go Home
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- More From BuddyTV
- Supergirl: Jenna Dewan-Tatum to Recur as Lucy Lane, Jimmy Olsen's Ex
- Game of Thrones: Bran's Mystical Guide Recast With Max von Sydow
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Cheeky Season 3 Poster Insists Size Does Matter
- The Last Man on Earth Season 2 Poster Offers First Glimpse of Phil and Carol's Road Trip to Nowhere
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- More From TVLine
- Kylie Jenner's Summer of the Black Bikini
- Gwen Stefani Files for Divorce From Gavin Rossdale
- Photo of Bobbi Kristina Brown's Body Reportedly Sold for Six Figures
- EXCLUSIVE: Blake Shelton Keeps Humor Amid Divorce Drama: 'It's Been One of Those Weeks'
- Will Smith Shuts Down Jada Pinkett Smith Divorce Rumors: 'I'll Tell You Myself!'
- More From ET