Hoda Kotb introduced Carter with her credits, saying she is "a beauty queen, model, spokesperson, voiceover artist and successful singer." She's best well-known from the '70s television version of 'Wonder Woman.' Carter said some of her band had been with her since those early days. "Some of the people that are with me today started out with me, did the music on 'Wonder Woman' and did some of the specials I did," she said.
TV's original red, white and blue-clad beauty told a morning talk show in Los Angeles that she wants Mrs. Bullock to play the title role in a big screen remake of 'Wonder Woman,' the TV show that made her famous.
Carter said she believes Bullock is perfect for the role because she has "exactly the kind of personality" and that she's also "strong and feminine. And Wonder Woman has to be accessible". She also dismissed rumors that claimed she said Bullock was too old for the role.
Me? If she gets the role, I just want to see her kick the ever-living snot out of some Jesse James bad-guy look-a-like. Jesse James is such a dead man now.
Geeks require a very specific kind of TV woman to crush on. She needs to be hot, yes (I mean, after all, we are guys), but she can't be so hot as to be unattainable. Pamela Anderson could be admired, but like the captain of the cheerleaders, she was way out of our league. We needed girls that radiated geek waves back at us. There needed to be something in her demeanor that screamed, "Yes, I know you're different and terribly uncoordinated and made a fool out of yourself on President's Council on Physical Fitness day in gym class, but, dammit, I'm willing to take a chance on you." Also, it helped if she wore a super-hero costume.
It seems we've been seeing a lot of former Wonder Woman Lynda Carter as of late. She appeared in The Dukes of Hazzard movie, had words for Cooter, and now she's lending her voice to the new Xbox game The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. Patrick Stewart will also offer his voice services. Carter isn't new to this world, however. She also voiced a character for the previous Elder Scrolls installment, Morrowind. All my nerdy TV memories are coming back in video game form. Tis crazy.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ?Dancing with the Stars? Week 10 Performance Rankings
- 'Nashville' Season Finale Photos: Rayna Performs with Brad Paisley, Juliette Buries Her Mother
- 'The Voice' Predictions: Who Will Go Home from the Top 10?
- 'True Blood' Beginnings: Everything You Need to Know About Jessica Hamby
- 'The Voice' Season 4: Top 10 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- 'The Bachelor's Funniest Moments': Foot fetish, orange-rind mouth and more
- 'Downton Abbey' auction lets you read poetry to Mr. Bates - um, what?
- TV ratings: Final 'Dancing With the Stars' performances rise while 'The Voice' dips Monday
- 'Grimm' Season 2 finale preview: 5 things to expect in 'Goodnight, Sweet Grimm'
- 'Hawaii Five-0' Season 3 finale: McGarrett finds himself in a tight spot
- More From Zap2it
- Ratings: Voice Dips, DWTS Rises, Five-0 Finale Tops Hour, Goodwin Games No Winner
- Nashville Finale First Look: The Truth Comes Out – Are Rayna and Deacon Finished?
- Exclusive Preview: Marvel's Avengers Assemble on Disney XD — Plus: The Super Premiere Plan
- What to Watch Tuesday: Grimm's Dead End, DWTS' Last Dance, Bachelor Bloopers and More
- The Voice Performance Recap: Imperfect 10?
- More From TVLine