Watch the video after the jump.
TV Squad spoke to Stults about the show's Midwest setting, working with M.C. Gainey and 'Happy Town's creepy factor. 'Happy Town' premieres Wednesday, April 28 at 10PM ET.
'Happy Town' is set in the small suburb of Haplin, a seemingly idyllic, close-knit community in Minnesota. Although the town was haunted by unresolved kidnappings from the past, ignorance had been bliss ... until now. A disturbing crime shakes up the status quo, and the citizens of Haplin begin to fear that the "Magic Man" may have returned.
(S04E08) We're going into a five-week Lost hiatus, and I'm extremely thankful that this wasn't the season finale. "Meet Kevin Johnson" wasn't a bad episode, but I couldn't have waited until 2009 for a follow-up. This episode did have its moments. We learned more about the island's connection to its inhabitants, Michael's time on the mainland, and there was (at least) one death. That should keep us busy for the next month or so, right?
(S04E06) I didn't think it was possible, but the Lost writers actually found a way to make Ben creepier. All they had to do was add a "lovesick stalker" dimension to his personality. For a Juliet-centric episode, it seemed like we learned a lot more about Ben than the intriguing Dr. Burke. We also got some significant answers about who's behind the freighter mission--from Ben, of course. Perhaps the only thing Ben doesn't know is how to have a healthy romantic relationship.
This year's Lost season finale had a huge death count, with victims ranging from nameless Others to major characters. Some characters were shot, some were stabbed, and some were killed by explosives. Many of the finale deaths didn't count towards any death pool scores, but three of them did. We also have a winner in the pool!
All three of the deaths in question occurred during Part Two of "Through the Looking Glass," and each death is worth a total of six points. One death received the five bonus points for being out of the ordinary. Specifics on the deaths and the final standings are available after the jump. Thanks to all of you who participated in the first TV Squad Lost Death Pool! It was an exciting season, to say the least.
This week's Lost audio podcast was one of the best ever, mostly due to M.C. Gainey's short interview. Gainey told some entertaining stories about working with Carlton Cuse, the origin of his name, and his most recognizable roles. As usual, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse previewed this week's episode and answered fan questions. Here's the recap:
- M.C. Gainey first got to know Carlton Cuse when the two worked together on The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
- He agreed to take a part on Lost without reading a script or getting a character description. Working with Carlton Cuse again was motivation enough.
(S03E09) In case you happened to miss the numerous commercials, ABC had promised that "Stranger in a Strange Land" would answer three big Lost questions for viewers. Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse made it clear in this week's podcast that at least one of them was the meaning of Jack's tattoos. After watching the episode, I'm not entirely sure what the other two huge revelations were supposed to be. Is it possible that ABC (gasp) overhyped this episode?
Fionnula Flanagan's scene-stealing guest spot on the "Flashes Before Your Eyes" episode of Lost got me thinking about some of the other memorable guest stars the show has had over the years. It was difficult to commit to only five performances, with so many to choose from. Below are my picks for the most entertaining guest roles over the last three seasons.
1. Clancy Brown ("One of Them"; "Live Together, Die Alone"): This actor owns every role he plays, from Brother Justin in Carnivale to Byron Hadley in The Shawshank Redemption, so it was no surprise when Clancy Brown rocked both Sayid's and Desmond's flashbacks. It is still unclear if Joe Inman and Kelvin Inman are the same person, but at least one of them has a major role in the history of the DHARMA hatch. Here's hoping that Inman's (and Brown's) part in the Lost story continues in the future.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 10 Finale Photos: The Final Rose
- 'Mistresses' Episode 2.9 Photos: Toni Has News for Dom
- 'Big Brother 16' Week 4: Cody's HoH Photos
- 'Big Brother 16' Recap: Brittany's Bad Day and Cody's Bad Decision
- 15 Reasons to Attend Comic-Con with the Gang from 'The Big Bang Theory'
- More From BuddyTV
- Dominion's Roxanne McKee Teases Big Changes: 'Claire's Innocence Is Lost'
- New Girl Scoop: Jessica Biel Cast as Jess' New Nemesis
- Game Night Preview: 'What People Help Their Necks to Be Not Cold'?
- Arrow Season 3: Scoop on Roy's New Role, Sara's Status, the Baby and More
- TVLine Items: CSI: Cyber Adds 'Fat Neil,' Top Model Moves and More
- More From TVLine