Kimmel had heard about this in advance. Through surely one of the strangest acts of fate in history, he revealed, "Somebody who works here at the show happens to have an original animation cel from the Hammer cartoon, which we have now stolen off the wall of his office."
The cel was given to Pattinson, who declared it "the best thing I've ever got on any show."
Hammer didn't invent the product, he said, but he did bring it to Apple. He demonstrated how you can drop the iPad without breaking the screen and how to set up the keyboard. "Who knew you were a geek? Since when did that start with you?" she asked.
Hammer explained that he has been involved with technology since 1994, spurred by his interest in bringing videos to the Internet and how that would affect artists. "I stuck with it all the way from '94 until YouTube," he said. "If you look on YouTube, you'll see me there when they were on top of a pizza parlor and only had three or four computers."
The pants look even bigger on YouTube high def.
I also catch up with the sexy cast of HBO's 'True Blood' to see how they'd best describe season 2 and talk some celebrity smack with the guy behind a hilarious Web site and book whose title I can't type here.
To get your questions answered on The Show Girl, just email me at TheTVShowGirl@aol.com. Now watch, enjoy and come back next week for more. Until then, happy TV watching! -- By Maggie Furlong
I didn't listen to his music growing up as a child of the 80s, except for the occasional sound waves that wafted passed my ears as my cooler classmates blared it from the stereos in their rooms. I've never even interviewed anyone in the hip-hop community.
I've done the research. I studied the first two episodes of his new A&E reality series Hammertime, premiering next Sunday at 10 PM Eastern. I've read up on his days as a batboy with the Oakland A's where Reggie Jackson first gave him the nickname "Hammer' after "Hammerin'" Hank Aaron. I found out from my old man who hates it when I call him my old man that Hammer was even in the Navy. Holy crap. My Dad, the whitest man I know, knows more about MC Hammer than I do.
(NOTE: The following post talks about my favorite commercials of this past Super Bowl. There are absolutely no spoilers in this post. That is, unless you didn't watch the Super Bowl, recorded it for future viewing, and have decided to ignore every single other media outlet, as well as friends and family so no one tells you who won. If that's the case, don't blame us for your extremely poor time management skills.)
Well, it's all over except for the pack-up, the clean-up and the over-analyzing of the analyzing of the game that was actually played in Tampa. Super Bowl XLIII is now in the history books and so are its commercials. This year featured some returning companies, some new ones, plenty of NBC promos, and a koala puppet being punched in the face. In other words, a bit of everything. Out of all of them, here are some of my favorites.
(NOTE 2: The embedded videos come courtesy of Hulu. If you cannot view these videos I have linked the commercial titles to another site that you should be able to view.)
In its four-decade-plus history, the Super Bowl has had its fair share of these moments: the Budweiser frogs; Michael Jordan and Larry Bird shooting outrageous hoops to win a McDonald's Big Mac; Apple's '1984'-inspired Macintosh commercial, shot for $1 million and directed by Oscar-nominee Ridley Scott.
This year promises to continue the tradition with ads featuring celebrities, soda and -- you guessed it -- beer. According to E!, the celebrity lineup includes Conan O'Brien for Anheuser-Busch, will.i.am, who will sing Bob Dylan's 'Forever Young' in a commercial for Pepsi, action star Jason Statham for Audi and John Turturro's second commercial for Heineken.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Project Runway All Stars' Season 3: Ranking the Looks of 'As Sewn on TV'
- TV's Top 14 Tear-Jerking Moments of 2013
- 'Scandal' Mid-Season Finale: 20 Jaw-Dropping Moments from 'A Door Marked Exit'
- 'Almost Human' Season 1 Episode Photos
- [Video] 'Grimm' Sneak Peek: 3 Reasons Christmas is Scarier in Portland
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Psych: The Musical' first look video: 'Jamaican Inspector' Psych-out with Gus
- TV ratings: 'Scandal' rises with fall finale and 'Big Bang Theory' tops Thursday
- 'House of Cards' Season 2 trailer: Frank Underwood is 'climbing to the top of the food chain'
- 'Once Upon a Time's' Robbie Kay teases 'more body-switching' in the fall finale
- 'Psych's' Top 10 theme episodes: Vote for your favorites
- More From Zap2it
- TVLine Items: Portia de Rossi Saves the World, SNL to Add Black Female Cast Member and More
- Exclusive Tomorrow People Video: A Fired-Up Cara Kicks Butt and Takes Names
- How Should SOA Kill Off Gemma? Scandal Prez on Grey's? Ichabod's Son Lives? And More Qs!
- Revenge Fall Finale Poll: Who Shoots Emily?
- Exclusive Haven First Look: Duke's Ready for Trouble in the Season 4 Finale
- More From TVLine