Roberts was probably most famous as Adam, the eldest son of Ben Cartwright, brother of Hoss and Little Joe on NBC's mega-hit Bonanza. For six years, beginning in 1959, Roberts was Ben's smartest and most accomplished son. Roberts got the most serious story lines and carried a lot of the show. But Roberts chaffed under the formulaic structure of the western hit. He was frustrated that the quality of the writing wasn't better. He questioned why three grown men continued asking their father's permission to do anything.
About a month ago I decided to give the show House a try, and with new episodes on Fox and reruns on USA it's been pretty easy to set ye olde Tivo and catch up on the show. I must say, the show isn't flawless, and there's a definite formula to each episode: House and his crew are given a mysterious case, it confuses them all until the last minute when House figures it out from an unlike source. Yeah, it always makes me roll my eyes, but I love Hugh Laurie's character, and the plots are compelling enough to make it worth giving yourself up to the experience. Anyway, it was announced recently that the show would be returning for a third season starting this fall, so House fans can rejoice.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Glee' sneaks a sweet Cory Monteith tribute into Nationals episode 'City of Angels'
- 'Once Upon a Time' first look photos: See the Wicked Witch's Storybrooke alter ego Zelena
- Shantel VanSanten cast in 'Messengers,' aka The CW reunites 'One Tree Hill's' Clay and Quinn (kind of)
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3, episode 23 promo: 'Someone's about to die' in 'Insatiable'
- Amazon orders 'The After,''Transparent,' more pilots to series: Report
- More From Zap2it