Last night's planned two-hour episode did not air because of a rain delay during Game 4 of the American League Championship Series between the Detroit Tigers and the Texas Rangers.
Instead, viewers on the East Coast got to see the game, while West Coast viewers were treated to a rerun of an episode from last week.
The network has retooled its schedule slightly to allow it to air even longer episodes of 'The X Factor' as well as the MLB play-offs and World Series. This means that no new episodes of 'New Girl' will air until November.
A scheduled special airing of 'New Girl' tomorrow night will be replaced by a two-hour (count 'em) episode of 'The X Factor,' which will introduce the "judges' mansions" round of the competition.
Stories like these make me long for the Yoda-like wisdom of baseball's Yogi Berra. Just think of the grammatically incorrect gems he could conjure.
"People watch sports because it's easier than playing it."
"Sports has a big following because so few people follow it."
Considering that Rep. Anthony Weiner, the man who wrote the letter to the Major League Baseball commissioner Bud Selig, is a Congressman from New York, I can see an ulterior motive in his suggestion of the move. Undoubtedly the Congressman didn't want to miss a second of his favorite team against their arch rivals (and I doubt he's a Red Sox fan).
A serious bullet has been dodged. This conflict could have led to potential civil war within many Jewish households on the East Coast. Thank you for your consideration Congressman, and thank you MLB.
Here's a clip of his recent appearance on The Late Show. He's a very funny guy as well as doing great batting stances (his Kevin Youklis is better than his Manny Ramirez).
[via TV Barn]
For those that haven't heard already, the MLB-commissioned Mitchell Report was released last week and it implicated numerous players with allegations of steroid purchase and use. Most notable? Roger Clemens. Carl Brutananadilewski is none too pleased.
His opinion? It's all a conspiracy to tarnish his beloved Yankees. Carl is an avid New York sports fan as evidenced in the episode "Bart Oates" and he seems to think the Mitchell Report is crap. Watch Carl defend Clemens, complain about the Red Sox, and admit to using steroids himself... in the butt. Best argument? Boston great Ted Williams must have been juiced. Click on the jump to find out why.
Here are the weekly cable ratings, by number of viewers.
1. Monday Night Football (ESPN)
2. Baseball - Indians/Yankees Game 3 (TBS)
3. Baseball - Indians/Yankees Game 2 (TBS)
4. Baseball - Indians/Yankees Game 1 (TBS)
5. Baseball - Angels/Red Sox Game 2 (TBS)
6. Baseball - Angels/Red Sox Game 1 (TBS)
7. Baseball - Cubs/Diamondbacks Game 1 (TBS)
8. Baseball - Cubs/Diamondbacks Game 3 (TBS)
9. WWE Monday Night RAW (USA)
10. Baseball - Angels/Red Sox Game 3 (TBS)
Turner Broadcasting announced today that they have picked up that remaining package for an undiclosed sum. This will mark the first time that an LCS will be shown exclusively on cable, although it's likely that the local markets involved will get to see the cable feed on a broadcast station. So, both first- and second-round games will be shown on TBS. Now they just need to hire some announcers. Steve Lyons is available, but let's hope they, uh, go in another direction, if you get my drift.
1. Baseball: This sport was really made for television. It's slower than other team sports, perfect for those warm summer nights, a cold drink in your hand, maybe a breeze coming in the window as you watch. And unlike other team sports, the pace gives the viewer time to figure out their own strategies for the game (hockey and basketball are too fast, and football has too many players doing too many things at once for the average Joe).
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Tut's Avan Jogia Talks Twisted Cliffhanger, Shares Pitch for Season 2
- Empire Signs Marisa Tomei to Play Lesbian Billionaire in Season 2
- TVLine Items: Donald Glover Pilot Adds to Cast, SOA Vet in The Way and More
- Fatal Attraction Event Series: 20 Actors Who'd Bring the Heat (and the Crazy) to Fox's Thriller Remake
- Sleepy Hollow Wants 'Angelina Jolie' to Play Ichabod's Old Flame Betsy Ross
- More From TVLine
- Tiffani Thiessen Welcomes Second Child Holt Fisher -- See the Adorable Pic!
- Britney Spears' Mom Jamming Out to 'Toxic' Is the Best Thing You'll See All Day
- Miley Cyrus Makes Out With Victoria's Secret Model Stella Maxwell and It's Pretty Intense
- George Takei Has The Perfect Response To Donald Trump's Position on Same-Sex Marriage
- Robin Thicke Says He's Embarrassed By Attempts to Get Paula Patton Back
- More From ET