Jon Hamm, who plays the chain smoking Don Draper on TV's 'Mad Men,' has been hired by Mercedes Benz as a pitchman for their car commercials, which will premiere during the Academy Awards.
This means, of course, that Mr. Hamm will replace actor Richard Thomas who has done the voiceover for Mercedes' car commercials for the last four years. Good night Jon-Boy.
The company's marketing VP Stephen Cannon called Hamm "a hot actor." That must have been one awkward audition.
The entire male cast of 'Mad Men' did the same thing and cast member MIchael Gladis gave his review of all of his co-workers' "break beards".
[via Pop Candy]
That was made clear on Wednesday when 'Mad Men' creator Matthew Weiner, speaking on a Hollywood panel, said, "Let's not pretend" that gay actors who come out of the closet aren't risking a future of gay typecasting, according to Greg in Hollywood blogger Greg Hernandez.
BEST DRAMA ACTORS
Front Runners: 'Mad Men''s Jon Hamm (pictured, above right) and 'House''s Hugh Laurie have to be considered locks.
But for those who are oblivious to all things 'Mad Men' - or those who, on Sept. 20, the night the episode in question aired, were watching the show's cast and crew nab its second consecutive Outstanding Drama Emmy Award - The Lawnmower Scene (the capitalization is on purpose) is a particularly memorable, surprising, shocking, gruesome, awesome clip from 'Mad Men,' season three, episode six.
I'm not going to lie to you: Pretty much my whole life right now is leading up to the Mad Men season 3 premiere on August 16. I'm so excited, I'm practically vibrating. You can judge me if you want, but I'm perfectly fine with my priorities.
Anyway, like the rest of the internet, I have been salivating for any Mad Men morsel that AMC deigns to share with the unwashed masses. So, yes. I was super-psyched about the water-logged Don Draper promo poster that came out a few weeks ago, and yes, I totally Mad Men'd myself.
So obviously, I was ridiculously excited to see that Zap2It had a whole crop of new Mad Men promo photos. Jon Hamm! January Jones! Christina Hendricks! John Slattery! There may be a chance that there's a more conventionally good-looking cast out there, but I defy you to find a sexier cast on television. Seriously. If you have any suggestions, I welcome them, because I cannot imagine anything you would actually come up with that would beat the power, glory, and pure sexiness of Mad Men.
Season 3 of Mad Men is set to premiere August 16th, so of course the cast and crew are busy shooting it right now. While we don't have any new footage yet, AMC has released a series of new promos for the upcoming season.The ads focus on the different aspects of the series: Drama, Romance, Comedy and Action.
The idea behind them is that there's a little something for everyone, and let me tell you: they're right. Don't believe me? Not only do you have the requisite Mad Men drinking, smoking and sleeping with inappropriate people, but you have Don Draper making a googly face and saying "Pat M'Groin." How can that be beat? IT CAN'T.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Flash' Episode 18 Photos: Felicity and the Atom Visit Central City
- 'Agents of SHIELD' Recap: An Unnecessary Mutiny Occurs
- 'iZombie' Recap: Liv Literally Gets Inside a Hitman's Head
- 'NCIS' Recap: Gibbs Tackles a Cold Case
- 'Better Call Saul': 11 Foreshadowing Moments to 'Breaking Bad' You Probably Missed
- More From BuddyTV
- Cougar Town Finale Recap: 'Deja View'
- Forever Creator: Abigail's Fate Will Be Resolved by Season's End
- Younger: Is TV Land's Sutton Foster Comedy Already Growing on You?
- Finding Carter Season Premiere Recap: Egg-citing New Developments
- Weird Loners: Will You Keep the Fox Comedy Company on Tuesday Nights?
- More From TVLine
- Legendary Singer Joni Mitchell Hospitalized
- Jamie Dornan Stalked a Woman as Research to Play a Serial Killer
- Andrew Getty, Grandson of J. Paul Getty, Found Dead at 47
- The 9 Most Insane Things That Happen in the New 'Mad Max' Trailer
- Angelina Jolie: 'What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger'
- More From ET