Will Wright, the creator of the iconic line of "Sim" games including the popular "Sims," has created a program called the "Storymaker Engine" that lets ordinary schlubs like you and me create TV shows using Sims.
Wright and company are hoping that the stories created from this engine can be turned into an entertaining half-hour to hour of television for Current TV. "Machinima" shows like 'Red vs. Blue' and the 'South Park' 'Make Love, Not Warcraft' episode have helped bring some video game driven entertainment to audiences, but would you watch an entire show that was produced on a video game?
South Park and World of Warcraft fans surely remember the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" from the episode "Make Love, not Warcraft." It was the secret weapon that allowed the boys to finally defeat the diabolic villain who had grown so powerful he almost wiped out the entire community of gamers. Well, that weapon will soon be a reality, or a virtual reality, I suppose. Blizzard Entertainment, the creators of World of Warcraft who helped design the gaming scenes for the South Park episode, will include the sword in the new Arena System of the World of Warcraft expansion, The Burning Crusade. Also, I have no idea what anything means in that last sentence I just typed. Nevertheless, this is a pretty cool thing. The sword will not have the supreme power it did in the episode, however. The new game could be released as early as November. A menu image is available here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Syfy Orders to Series Alien Hunter Adaptation From Walking Dead EP
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Outlander, Bones, Grey's, Walking Dead, Chicago PD, Arrow and More
- It's Official: True Detective Season 2 to Star Vince Vaughn, Colin Farrell
- Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman Praises Her Mindy Project Arc: 'This Is Funny Stuff'
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers But Sleepy Slips, Blacklist Returns Strong, Bang Still Very Big, Voice Drops
- More From TVLine
- Apparently Sexy Criminals Are A Thing Now
- Why Paula Deen Could Have One of the Biggest Comebacks in Media History
- Drake, Jay Z, Dr. Dre: Who's The Highest Paid Hip Hop Artist?
- Watch the Heartwarming Moment a Lion Recognizes the Man Who Rescued Her
- 'Forever' Review: The Perfect Blend of Charming and Dull
- More From ET