Will Wright, the creator of the iconic line of "Sim" games including the popular "Sims," has created a program called the "Storymaker Engine" that lets ordinary schlubs like you and me create TV shows using Sims.
Wright and company are hoping that the stories created from this engine can be turned into an entertaining half-hour to hour of television for Current TV. "Machinima" shows like 'Red vs. Blue' and the 'South Park' 'Make Love, Not Warcraft' episode have helped bring some video game driven entertainment to audiences, but would you watch an entire show that was produced on a video game?
South Park and World of Warcraft fans surely remember the "Sword of a Thousand Truths" from the episode "Make Love, not Warcraft." It was the secret weapon that allowed the boys to finally defeat the diabolic villain who had grown so powerful he almost wiped out the entire community of gamers. Well, that weapon will soon be a reality, or a virtual reality, I suppose. Blizzard Entertainment, the creators of World of Warcraft who helped design the gaming scenes for the South Park episode, will include the sword in the new Arena System of the World of Warcraft expansion, The Burning Crusade. Also, I have no idea what anything means in that last sentence I just typed. Nevertheless, this is a pretty cool thing. The sword will not have the supreme power it did in the episode, however. The new game could be released as early as November. A menu image is available here.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'The Real Housewives of New York City' Season 6 Finale Recap: Aviva Loses Her Head and Her Leg
- 'Chasing Life' Recap: Bylines and Goodbyes
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Season 2 Cast Photos
- 'Under the Dome': 17 Shocking Moments from 'Revelation'
- 'Mistresses' Poll: Should Karen Have Chosen Jacob Over Anna?
- More From BuddyTV
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey's, Supernatural, P'hood, Flash, Scandal, Bones, NCIS and More
- Regina King Joins American Crime Drama, Books Big Bang Encore
- Anthony Hopkins Boards J.J. Abrams' HBO Sci-Fi Pilot Westworld
- The Mindy Project Season 3: Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman to Play Danny's Mother
- CBS' Stalker Adds Law & Order Vet Elisabeth Röhm as Series Regular
- More From TVLine