According to The Hollywood Reporter, that's the option that CBS and Time Warner have chosen, as the two media giants have teamed up to buy the lucrative broadcast rights from the NCAA. The deal, which begins next year, supersedes CBS's prior broadcast deal, which had been set to run through 2014.
March to Madness and FX are a match made in heaven. Nobody does the darker side of humanity better than FX. The Shield, Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy ... even It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia tackles the lowest forms of people. It's a beautiful combination of amazing writing and gut-wrenching acting that make these dirtbag characters teem with life and humanity.
And what a great subject to tackle. There's so much at stake with the NCAA Tournament for the kids and the schools, the drama practically writes itself. The story, we're told, will be from the point of view of an idealistic coach who's struggling with the compromises he makes with his own integrity to get his team where he needs to be. Too bad Don Cheadle's only executive producing, I'd love to see him tackle that role.
Here are the weekly TV ratings, by number of viewers.
1. American Idol - Tues (FOX)
2. American Idol - Weds (FOX)
3. CSI (CBS)
4. House (FOX)
5. NCAA Basketball Championship (CBS)
6. Dancing with the Stars (ABC)
7. Desperate Housewives (ABC)
8. Shark (CBS)
9. Dancing with the Stars - Results (ABC)
10. Without A Trace (CBS)
11. 'Til Death (FOX)
12. NCIS (CBS)
13. Survivovr (CBS)
14. 60 Minutes (CBS)
15. Extreme Makeover (ABC)
16. Prelude to a Championship (CBS)
17. Lost (ABC)
18. Deal Or No Deal (NBC)
19. Cold Case (CBS)
20. Law and Order: SVU (NBC)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Performer of the Week: Missy Peregrym
- Chicago Fire Season 4: Casey Has Gone Missing! — What Happens Next?
- A.D. The Bible Continues Cancelled
- Is Detective Truly a Snooze? Is UnReal Couple 'Shippable? LOLcats on Zoo? Dreadful Heartbreak? And More TV Qs
- Ratings: Hannibal, Rookie, Beast Steady on Soft Holiday Eve; Dome Drops
- More From TVLine
- Stars Are Seeing Red, White & Blue While Celebrating the Fourth of July
- Kelly Rutherford Reunites With Her Children in New York City
- President Obama Jokes With The Black Keys on Twitter, Invites Them to Play at White House
- Happy Fourth of July! 11 Reasons to Celebrate America in 2015
- Taylor Swift Gets a Piggy Back Ride From Boyfriend Calvin Harris -- See the Adorable Pic!
- More From ET