According to The Hollywood Reporter, that's the option that CBS and Time Warner have chosen, as the two media giants have teamed up to buy the lucrative broadcast rights from the NCAA. The deal, which begins next year, supersedes CBS's prior broadcast deal, which had been set to run through 2014.
March to Madness and FX are a match made in heaven. Nobody does the darker side of humanity better than FX. The Shield, Rescue Me, Sons of Anarchy ... even It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia tackles the lowest forms of people. It's a beautiful combination of amazing writing and gut-wrenching acting that make these dirtbag characters teem with life and humanity.
And what a great subject to tackle. There's so much at stake with the NCAA Tournament for the kids and the schools, the drama practically writes itself. The story, we're told, will be from the point of view of an idealistic coach who's struggling with the compromises he makes with his own integrity to get his team where he needs to be. Too bad Don Cheadle's only executive producing, I'd love to see him tackle that role.
Here are the weekly TV ratings, by number of viewers.
1. American Idol - Tues (FOX)
2. American Idol - Weds (FOX)
3. CSI (CBS)
4. House (FOX)
5. NCAA Basketball Championship (CBS)
6. Dancing with the Stars (ABC)
7. Desperate Housewives (ABC)
8. Shark (CBS)
9. Dancing with the Stars - Results (ABC)
10. Without A Trace (CBS)
11. 'Til Death (FOX)
12. NCIS (CBS)
13. Survivovr (CBS)
14. 60 Minutes (CBS)
15. Extreme Makeover (ABC)
16. Prelude to a Championship (CBS)
17. Lost (ABC)
18. Deal Or No Deal (NBC)
19. Cold Case (CBS)
20. Law and Order: SVU (NBC)
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- ABC Family, HBO and MTV Lead GLAAD's Annual LGBT Inclusion Study; CW Has No Regular LGBT Characters
- MTV's Happyland: Is New Comedy Worth the Price of Admission?
- Sons of Anarchy Recap: Risky Business
- The Voice Recap: The Curious Case of Un-Pushed Buttons [Updated]
- The Mindy Project Recap: Evasive Maneuvers
- More From TVLine
- Neil Patrick Harris Shares His Beautiful Wedding Pics On 'Late Show'
- Who Will Lorde Choose for the 'Mockingjay' Soundtrack? 4 Predictions
- Ryan Hansen Reveals Why All 'Veronica Mars' Fans Should Be Watching 'Play It Again Dick'
- Jeff Goldblum Stars In This Super-Crazy Commercial For Light Bulbs
- TV's No. 1 Male Meets His Match on 'NCIS'
- More From ET