May 24, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Jul 10th 2006 5:36PM
I don't really follow sports, and I definitely don't keep track of what's going on as far as the World Cup is concerned, but a couple blogs are mentioning a recent scuffle between Zinedine Zidane and Marco Materazzi that culminated in Zidane headbutting Materazzi and sending him flailing to the ground. If you look at the lovely GIF of the incident, it looks as if Materazzi is actually being headbutted in the chin and neck, which means Zidane's aim isn't very good. Speculation is abound over just what set Zidane off, but apparently it had something to do with a racist comment that was made by Materazzi. All I know is that I've never understood headbutting as a form of fighting, as it would seem to do just as much damage to you as your opponent. This is why soccer players should carry knives ... wait, no.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Orphan Black' Recap: Devotion and Desperation Lead to Big Moves and Confrontations
- 'The Messengers' Recap: Dealing with Pestilence
- 'Wayward Pines' Interview: M. Night Shyamalan on Shocking Death and Darker Turn
- 'Bachelorette' Star Kaitlyn Bristowe on Pre-Fantasy Suite Sex: 'I Don't Know Why Everyone is So Shocked'
- 'The Bachelor' Season 11 Week 2 Photos: Punchlines and Punches
- More From BuddyTV
- Anne Meara, Actress/Comedian and Half of Stiller & Meara, Dead at 85
- Quotes of the Week From The Flash, Late Show, Game of Thrones and More
- Sharon Osbourne on Hiatus from CBS' The Talk Due to 'Extreme Exhaustion'
- Orphan Black Boss Talks [Spoiler]'s Sacrifice, Angry Felix, Twerking Alison
- Saturday Night Live: Watch Season 40's 15 Best Sketches Now!
- More From TVLine