July 1, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Jul 10th 2006 5:36PM
I don't really follow sports, and I definitely don't keep track of what's going on as far as the World Cup is concerned, but a couple blogs are mentioning a recent scuffle between Zinedine Zidane and Marco Materazzi that culminated in Zidane headbutting Materazzi and sending him flailing to the ground. If you look at the lovely GIF of the incident, it looks as if Materazzi is actually being headbutted in the chin and neck, which means Zidane's aim isn't very good. Speculation is abound over just what set Zidane off, but apparently it had something to do with a racist comment that was made by Materazzi. All I know is that I've never understood headbutting as a form of fighting, as it would seem to do just as much damage to you as your opponent. This is why soccer players should carry knives ... wait, no.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Teen Wolf': 15 Freaky Moments from 'Parasomnia'
- 25 Timeless 'Seinfeld' Episodes Everyone Needs to Re-Watch
- Best 'Pretty Little Liars' Quotes from 'She's No Angel'
- 'The Bachelorette' Family Blogs: Reactions to This Week's Cry Fest
- NeNe Leakes on 'RHOA': 'I Don't Know If the Show Will Survive Without Me'
- More From BuddyTV
- ‘Ant-Man' Director on Paul Rudd in ‘Captain America: Civil War': ‘I Got Really Envious'
- Why 'Scream Queens' Is To Die For: 7 Answers to the Internet's Most Popular Questions!
- Joe Manganiello on Past Struggles With Addiction: 'It's an Ongoing Battle'
- Enrique Iglesias Arrested in Florida for Driving With a Suspended License
- Hank Baskett & Kendra Wilkinson Finally Open Up About Sex Scandal: 'I Never Engaged In Anything'
- More From ET