August 29, 2015
by Adam Finley, posted Jul 10th 2006 5:36PM
I don't really follow sports, and I definitely don't keep track of what's going on as far as the World Cup is concerned, but a couple blogs are mentioning a recent scuffle between Zinedine Zidane and Marco Materazzi that culminated in Zidane headbutting Materazzi and sending him flailing to the ground. If you look at the lovely GIF of the incident, it looks as if Materazzi is actually being headbutted in the chin and neck, which means Zidane's aim isn't very good. Speculation is abound over just what set Zidane off, but apparently it had something to do with a racist comment that was made by Materazzi. All I know is that I've never understood headbutting as a form of fighting, as it would seem to do just as much damage to you as your opponent. This is why soccer players should carry knives ... wait, no.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Alison Brie and Cast of Teachers Preview 'Shocking' TV Land Comedy
- Downton Abbey Trailer Tees Up Bittersweet Final Season
- Elementary Casts Shohreh Aghdashloo as Papa Holmes' Associate
- Blunt Talk Sneak Peek: Harry Chandler, Reluctant Porn Star?
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Frank Dillane
- More From TVLine
- 11 Most Daring Celebrity Swimsuit Moments of the Summer
- EXCLUSIVE: Kris Jenner Sets the Story Straight on Her Kids' Rumors — And Why She Fell Asleep on Kanye West!
- Josh Duggar's Sister Jessa Speaks at Southern Women's Show, Opens Up About Her Home Life
- One Direction's Liam Payne Turns 22! Look Back at 7 of His Hottest Moments
- Kourtney Kardashian & Baby Reign Get 'Serious' in Rare Instagram Photo
- More From ET