April 23, 2014
by Adam Finley, posted Jul 10th 2006 5:36PM
I don't really follow sports, and I definitely don't keep track of what's going on as far as the World Cup is concerned, but a couple blogs are mentioning a recent scuffle between Zinedine Zidane and Marco Materazzi that culminated in Zidane headbutting Materazzi and sending him flailing to the ground. If you look at the lovely GIF of the incident, it looks as if Materazzi is actually being headbutted in the chin and neck, which means Zidane's aim isn't very good. Speculation is abound over just what set Zidane off, but apparently it had something to do with a racist comment that was made by Materazzi. All I know is that I've never understood headbutting as a form of fighting, as it would seem to do just as much damage to you as your opponent. This is why soccer players should carry knives ... wait, no.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- American Idol Exclusive: Top 6 Song Spoilers!
- Did You Fall For MTV's Faking It?
- The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestants Get Cut This Week? [Updated]
- Glee Recap: 'Tonight, You Are a Star'
- NBC's Crossbones Sets Sail With First Trailer: See John Malkovich as Blackbeard
- More From TVLine
- Has Nicki Ever Been 'The Other Woman'? Lance Bass Gets the Dirt
- 5 Seconds of Summer Remember Their Big Break
- Is Tori Spelling Sharing Too Much About Husband's Cheating?
- Stephen Colbert Tells David Letterman His Plan for 'Late Show'
- Minaj on 'Housewives' Fight: 'Someone Would of Got Knocked Upside the Head'
- More From ET