Marisa Tomei, Olivia Munn, Alison Pill in Talks for Aaron Sorkin's HBO Pilot, Keith Olbermann Announces New Show and More
According to Deadline, Tomei is close to signing on as MacKenzie, the executive producer of the news program.
Pill is in talks to play Maggie, an associate producer on the assignment desk, and Munn could play a financial analyst on the cable network.
In other TV news ...
• Elisabeth Harnois will be a series regular on 'CSI' next season. The 'Miami Medical' actress booked a guest role in the May 5 episode, but producers continued to expand her role. Harnois plays the estranged daughter of Conrad Ecklie (Marc Vann). [Deadline]
• Keith Olbermann will make his Current TV debut on Monday, June 20, at 8PM. The show will still be called 'Countdown With Keith Olbermann.' [Keith Olbermann]
• The shooting of Gabrielle Giffords will get the 'Law & Order' treatment. 'Law & Order: LA' is filming an episode where a state senator is gunned down in public. [Entertainment Weekly]
FX Announces Summer Premiere Dates, 'The Voice' Preview to Air Before 'Leno' Tomorrow and More TV News
The Elijah Wood-starring 'Wilfred,' a remake of the Australian series of the same name about a man whose neighbor's dog appears to him as a man in a dog suit (yep), will premiere on Thu., June 23 at 10PM ET. The show will run for 13 episodes.
The final season of 'Rescue Me' will begin its run on Tue., July 12 at 10PM ET and conclude in September to coincide with the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. The second season of 'Louie' will debut directly after 'Wilfred' on June 23.
In other TV news ...
• Want to see a sneek peak of 'The Voice' before it officially premieres next week? NBC will debut 12 minutes of the new series before 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' tomorrow evening. Tune in at 11:35 for the first look. [NBC]
• Audrina Patridge's days of reality stardom could be over soon. The former 'Hills' star's new series, 'Audrina,' tanked on VH1 Sunday night. [Vulture]
• 'Parenthood' star Lauren Graham is branching out into literature. Perhaps channeling a bit of her playwright character, Graham will publish her first novel with Random House. [Twitter]
"I'm thrilled. I was pretty surprised," Tomei said of Gaga's comment.
Watch the video after the jump.
You never know when the most innocuous-sounding panel is going to bring out the A-listers here at the TCAs. But when a big name is behind a project and he or she is passionate about it, that person will brave the room of critics to promote it.
To say Matt Damon is "dedicated" to the new History documentary The People Speak would be an understatement. The family of the Oscar winner lived next door to Professor Howard Zinn, on whose book, A People's History of the United States, is based. He and his Project Greenlight partner Chris Moore have been trying to bring the book to TV for a decade. "I have one of first copies (of Zinn's book) in hardback. It had a huge impact on my life so that's why I stayed with it. The moment we had iany influecne in this town we tried to get thids project off the ground."
Marisa Tomei is set to star in a comedy pilot for CBS titled The Rich Inner Life of Penelope Cloud. Tomei will play a writer who's struggling to write a second novel after her first novel is met with great acclaim. Like all the other pilot announcements, this one doesn't offer many details, except that Tomei's character learns to recapture the optimism of her youth.
I have to say, I've never understood anyone who feels that children are automatically optimistic. As far as I can remember, I was never all that optimistic as a kid. If anything, I was morbidly realistic: while my friends would laugh at Tom and Jerry cartoons I would see Tom's continuous battering as a symbol of the futility of existence and the inevitability of death. I wonder if CBS has any interest in a pilot about a kid who watches cartoons and then crawls under his bed and cries for six hours? I should give them a call.
(S03E08) Ahh, my glorious return to the age of power... well sort of. All my power is back but the internet is still down. So I'm at the office and I feel like everyone has more to say about this episode than me because they all saw last week's installment. But I feel pretty caught up. I've read some other reviews and the "previously on Rescue Me" montage at the beginning of the show was pretty complete. All I'm saying is bear with me since I'm still trying to connect all the dots.
That being said, great opening sequence. Huge warehouse fire and some men from another house get trapped in the basement. The Probie was the only one not in the building yet and he risked his life to find the man down and got him out. It was huge. High fives, pats on the back. He was on cloud nine. He's definitely no longer The Probie after this act of courage. Though I wonder if the rest of the crew even know his real name is Mike?
I miss watching television. I miss electricity and I'm sick of taking cold showers. Most of you may have noticed by now that I never got around to posting a review for this week's episode of Rescue Me, "Satisfaction." Well I have a good reason. I left work this past Tuesday at around 6:30. It was just like any other night... until my subway train stalled and I was stuck on it for two hours. After two empty trains finally pulled up behind us, my fellow passengers and myself used the empty cars and trekked through them back to the previous station we had passed. I was then forced to find another station, in a neighborhood I was unfamiliar with. I took a train that I never take and it was only able to get me to within 12 blocks of my apartment. So I walked... and finally I made it home. Success!
(S03E06) I'm honestly not even sure how to react. After this episode, Rescue Me has officially knocked off Nip/Tuck as my favorite show on F/X. Sorry Shield fans (and I'm one of them), but Chiklis and Co. can't hold a candle to Leary and his boys. This was arguably a perfect episode. It was just flawless. But no sense in going through all the wonderful minor things that happened, and there were plenty. Let's get right to the point: Marisa Tomei is smoking hot.
(S03E05) It's not that I didn't like this episode, but it just wasn't that eventful. I mean stuff happened, but it was a lot more set-up than anything else. And let's clear one thing up. There was no chlamydia. After last week's previews, I got the impression that we were going to have one big STD break-out. But after Mrs. Turbudy's arrest, the entire chlamydia thing ended up being some P.T.A. rumor that Sheila picked up from some of the other moms. Tommy thought he may have had it but it turned out he was just too scared to use the bathroom for fear of a burning sensation. So he held it.
Franco had a pretty big development, but that was about it. I was just disappointed that this was the episode we got before going on a two-week hiatus because of next Tuesday's holiday.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Nashville' Finale: 7 Burning Questions for Season 2
- 'Hannibal': 21 Creepy Moments from 'Trou Normand'
- 'Nashville' Music Videos: Juliette's 'Nothing In This World' & Avery and Scarlett's 'Moon is High'
- Blake Shelton Organizes Benefit Concert for Oklahoma Tornado Victims
- 'The Glades' Season 4 Preview: The Proposal Cliffhanger, a Time Jump and Jim as a Step-Dad
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Teen Wolf' Season 3 spoilers: 8 things to know about Scott, Stiles, Derek and more Beacon Hills faves
- 'Law and Order: SVU' Season 15: Mariska Hargitay signs on to continue as Olivia Benson
- 'Arrested Development' Rewatch Season 3 finale - 'Development Arrested'
- 'Fresh Prince' reunion: Will Smith does theme song rap with Alfonso Ribeiro and DJ Jazzy Jeff
- 'Real Housewives of New York': LuAnn de Lesseps may not return due to salary conflict
- More From Zap2it
- Performer of the Week: Tatiana Maslany
- Mariska Hargitay Returning for Law & Order: SVU Season 15 After Closing New Deal
- LOL Video: Will Smith, Alfonso Ribeiro Reunite for Fresh Prince Theme, Carlton's 'Unusual' Dance
- Video: Arrested Development Faves Reveal Everything (and Nothing) About the New Season
- Rookie Blue Sneak Peek: Andy Meets Sam's New Girlfriend, Gets Awkward With Her Ex
- More From TVLine