Marissa Jaret Winokur
According to EW, Pileggi, known for playing Director Skinner on 'X Files,' will play Harris Ryland, the owner of Ryland Trucking and Shipping. He's also the ex-husband of Brenda Strong's character, Ann.
Strong told AOL TV a little bit about her 'Dallas' character.
"She's smart. She's grounded. She's like the new Miss Ellie," she said. "She sees a lot but doesn't say anything until she absolutely needs to and then when she does, she has words of wisdom and people listen. She's a tough cookie."
Pileggi recently popped up on 'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Leverage.'
In other TV news ...
"She created her own character, and we ran into her, and I said 'Really?' and she said 'Yes!' so we're going to do that," Murphy told E! Online. "We love her."
Executive producer Brad Falchuck added, "[With] someone like her, it's sort of hard to say no!"
In other casting news ...
• Lily's sister will still drop by 'Gossip Girl,' but she'll be played by a different actress. Illeana Douglas, who had previously been cast in the part, had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. The character is in the midst of being recast. [TVLine]
• 'The Talk' has been on the air for less than five months, but it's already losing a cast member. Marissa Jaret Winokur announced she was leaving the CBS daytime show to work on her own projects, including developing a cable show and launching a clothing line. [People]
• The main character on NBC's 'The Chase' is getting a father. He'll be played by William Frost, who also played the ill-fated father of a lead on CBS's 'Hawaii Five-0' earlier this season. [TV Guide]
That's why it made perfect sense when Oxygen's dance-weight loss reality show, 'Dance Your Ass Off,' nabbed curvy host Marissa Jaret Winokur -- who charmed audiences and won a Tony for her role in 'Hairspray' on Broadway, and danced her way to the semi-finals on season 6 of 'Dancing With the Stars' -- for its first season.
It's also why it's so disappointing that they've replaced Winokur with -- gasp! -- a skinnier host for season 2. Despite great ratings for season 1, Oxygen has announced that former Spice Girl and fellow 'DWTS' alum Melanie Brown, a.k.a. Mel B., is replacing Winokur as the show's host.
(S06E20) Episode 20. The big show. We've followed these three couples for two and a half months and it's finally time to crown a champion and put season six in the books. As Tom called them out, we have the Olympic gold medalist, the one-armed hero, and the grid-iron god. You could make a case for any of them taking home the mirror ball, and the title of season six champion. But first, there was one more round of dances to get to. We'll have that, the winner, and so much more, after the jump.
We had to wait until the last minutes of the results show learn the celebrities' fates, but we had plenty of entertainment to hold us over. The Junior Champions finalists took over the dance floor, and Omarion performed in a high-energy tribute to the Thriller album.
Just like that, we are one week away from the finals. The final four met up at the ballroom Monday night to make their best cases for going forward to the big finale showdown next week. With the fan vote in play, who we will be seeing in the finals remains too close to call.
Jonathan Roberts is back this week to give his thoughts on all of the performances, and tackle some reader questions. Read on past the jump for his thoughts on adding lifts, ballroom in the Olympics, how the pros are cast on the show, and which MMORPG helps to fill up his free time.
After congratulating the remaining couples, Len warned them that "good enough" simply wouldn't cut it. They were looking for greatness and expected the dancers to up their game significantly.
(S06E16) It was a big night down at DWTS HQ. Not only would the field be set for the big semi-final showdown next week, it was also the show's 100th episode. That milestone meant that many of our favorites from seasons gone by were making their return to the ballroom. In addition, ABC recognized that nothing else they were going to put on tonight was going to measure up to DWTS numbers, so they kicked the whole thing off with a clip-show counting down the judge's ten favorite performances from the first five seasons. That list, and the rest of the results show goings on, after the jump.
Week 8 brings us another chat with our favorite pro. This week Jonathan weighs in with his thoughts on all of the couple's performances and picks his favorite dance of the night. It was a better week for the judges, but there is still one dance that he didn't agree with them about...at all.
Along the way he talks about the difficulties the pros face choreographing the performances as they move further into the competition. We also get to some reader questions. Read on to hear about his trip to the White House, the most, and least, memorable moments from his years on the show, and a sneak peek at just what they have planned for Tuesday's big results show.
(S06E15) Last week things were turned upside down as Jason took the points lead from Kristi and Shannon left in a surprising elimination. No time to worry about that for our couples though, as week eight brings with it two more dances. If that wasn't enough, the lift ban is out the window. Each couple is allowed to do a lift in each of their performances, as long as it is performed in the character of the routine, whatever that means. Now they must weigh the prospects of it all going terribly wrong against the possible gain to be had in points and votes. Would Kristi reclaim the top spot? Or would there be a new leader? All that, and a rundown of all the week eight performances, after the jump.
(S06E14) Going into tonight's Dancing With The Stars results show, fans had one question on their minds. Would Cristián continue to dance after his injury, or would he withdraw from the competition? Naturally we had to wait until the very end of the show to have that question answered. The ballroom kids were replaced by Kenny Mayne and Def Leppard--definitely an adults' night.
The pressure was turned up a notch this week as each of the couples had to do two complete numbers for the first time. The results of all their hard work left the judges scores landing all over the map, from 21 to 29. Jonathan is back this week with his take on all of the performances, and some thoughts on those confusing scores.
We also got to a number of reader questions. So, read on past the jump to find out which celebrity is on Jonathan's partner wish list, how he got involved with the show, what some of his favorite musical numbers were, just what makes the foxtrot so hard, and what Jonathan thinks of the possibility that Paula Abdul would be on the show. Oh, and there is also a bit of a teaser about what the future might hold for our favorite pro.
(S06E13) This is traditionally the herd-thinning week on Dancing With The Stars. Half of the contestants have been eliminated, and the remaining contestants are tasked with two dance routines. That's a lot of work for one week. Who rose to the challenge? Who fell short of greatness? Read on to find out.
(S06E12) Coming off of performance night, conventional wisdom said that Marlee & Fabian would find themselves in the bottom two. The big question... Who would be joining them? We are now far enough into the competition that there are no more easy eliminations. And, as we saw, that other couple in the bottom two was somewhat of a surprise. Leading up to the elimination though, the bigger story might have been Shannon & Derek reacting to the judge's comments. All that, and a rundown of the entire results show, after the jump.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Payback'
- 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars' Week 3 Express Pass Power Rankings: The Stronger Teams Surge
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 4 Episode Photos
- 'The Amazing Race: All Stars' Recap: Crashing Rafts, Missing Taxis and Dancing Globetrotters
- 'The Good Wife' Recap: Have the Florricks Fallen into a Wiretap Trap?
- More From BuddyTV
- 'True Detective' Season 1 finale - 'Form and Void': In the court of the Yellow King
- 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' Season 9, episode 7: Khloe files for divorce from Lamar
- 'The Simpsons' says goodbye to Marcia Wallace's Edna Krabappel
- 'Once Upon a Time' recap: Wicked is here
- 'Game of Thrones' releases new Season 4 trailer: Watch the epic, extended sneak peek
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Midseason Premiere Recap: Rated Ex
- OWN's Lindsay Offers Sad, Boring Look at the Life of Lindsay Lohan — Rate the Premiere
- Looking Finale Post Mortem: Jonathan Groff on the Big Kevin-Richie Cliffhanger
- The Good Wife Recap: Integrity Check
- New Game of Thrones Trailer: 'The World Has Fallen Apart'– But the Dragon Is Still Rad
- More From TVLine