Happy 4th of July weekend, everyone! You're probably at the beach, grilling meat over an open flame or lighting fireworks right now, but if you're not, check out these videos and vote for your favorite in our weekly poll. Then go outside or watch a baseball game!
Holly Robinson Peete started the discussion on a lighter note, saying, "There hasn't been a man called 'Dick' in the oval office since President Richard Nixon." Leah Remini said she liked the fact that the president could be kind of a dick. "I don't know, I like to hear that people are like hard-asses a little bit, especially our president," she said.
Sharon Osbourne said that wasn't the context in which Halperin used the term. "He didn't say 'this guy is a ball-buster, he's a toughie,'" said Osbourne. "He did it in a very disrespectful way."
Mark Halperin, Time Magazine editor-at-large and MSNBC correspondent, has been suspended indefinitely by MSNBC after saying live on 'Morning Joe' (6AM, weekdays on MSNBC) that President Obama acted like "kind of a dick" in his Tuesday press conference. Immediately taken aback by Halperin's language, Joe Scarborough scrambled to ask his producers if they could put the comment on 7-second-delay, but they were unsuccessful in doing so.
Several minutes later, Halperin issued an on-air apology to the President and to viewers.
MSNBC released a statement after the incident explaining Halperin's suspension.
"Someone in September did a lot of polling in New Hampshire asking a lot of questions about Trump," Halperin reported. "The Republican field is so weak and so unsettled . . . if Trump decides to run as a Republican, I think as we've seen in the past, he knows how to get attention."
Of course, implicit in any Trump presidency would be name changes to certain hallowed presidential institutions. For example, the White House would embarrassingly become the Trump White House, Air Force One would be renamed Trump Airlines, and the Vice President would be renamed The Apprentice.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 13: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Black Box': Meet the Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'The Blacklist' Episode 20 Photos: Being Framed for Murder
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Recap: Roy Rage and Mirakuru Madness Reach the Point of No Return
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville: On the Record Recap: We'll Do It Live!
- American Idol Top 6 Performance Recap: Wanna Ya-ah-ah-ah-ah… Yahoo It!
- CBS' Thursday Night Football Dates Set: When This Fall Might Big Bang Reclaim Its Time Slot?
- Arrow Recap: A Mother Of a Twist (Times Three)
- Sirens Sneak Peek: Will Johnny and Hank Allow Brian Into 'The Neutral Zone'?
- More From TVLine