He can set up a shell company which can take anonymous donations from anyone, including corporations or billionaires, and then the shell company can donate to his Super PAC so it's untraceable.
Today on TV Squad Daily:
- Mark Cuban said goodbye to Dancing with the Stars last night, with some words of wisdom that don't really make sense.
- If you thought you had the ending to The Sopranos all figured out, you were wrong.
- Three words: Trick My Trucker!
(S05E10) Tom opened the show with the promise that this week's performances would be the sexiest of the season. In what had to have been a shout-out to Edyta, he said "Let's not waste time or fabric." He was certainly right about showing skin. Several of the celebrities and the pros were scantily clad--lots of open shirts from the men and gravity-defying cleavage from the ladies. I caught a glimpse of Tori Spelling in the audience. Those West Beverly alumni are a tight-knit group, aren't they? We're at a good point in the show--very little dead weight, and a lot of the celebrities are showing considerable progress.
They went right to the recap after that. Mark was really happy to be called the little engine that could. Floyd talked about his new experience, calling ballroom dancing better than hip-hop. Mel took the truck driver comment in good stride, asking for the truck driver vote. Jane was left trying to defend the lift again. Jenny ignored that lift nonsense and said she looks forward to continuing to improve. Cameron was excited about his three nines. As you would expect, Sabrina was thrilled to have the first perfect score of the competition.
Things weren't all rosy though. Carrie Ann made it her personal crusade to annoy the crap out of everyone in her new role as the lift police. If you have watched the show over the last couple seasons, it's something that has come up before. And every time, it leaves me wondering just why they have that rule. It's not a competition sanctioned by anyone other than ABC, so that can't be it. To protect the dancers? They let Monique jump 12 feet, backwards, off of the stage. It makes debating whether or not a heel was half an inch off of the stage seem a little silly. I'm actually all for doing away with the rule and getting on with the dancing. Anyway, a rundown of all the performances after the jump.
(S05E06) This week's episode was quite the emotional roller coaster, wasn't it? Tears, comebacks, fake hair, a bare-chested Maks--all in 90 minutes! Tom opened the show by noting that this season's cast has logged more hours of training in the show's entire history, which is encouraging. Drew Lachey was back again for more awkward small talk and poorly articulated jokes. He did this really dorky dance next to Tom which proved that you can forget months of dance training like that.
A few things caught my eye during the introductions. Maksim brought back his trademark vest-only look; Jane Seymour was wearing a wig; Mark Cuban was, thankfully, wearing sleeves; and, Wayne had fake hair on both his head and face.
As we sit now, Helio and Sabrina are way out in front, but it's way too early to call the competition. That pesky little detail called the fan base has a way of wreaking havoc on the best laid plans. Would it rear it's head in week two? So early in the competition? Quite possibly, but we can't be spoiling all of that before the jump. Click the link for all the details from the week two results show.
(S05E04) The stars are back for week two, and it's what I usually find to be one of my favorite weeks. The nerves and the pressure of the unknown are so hard to overcome in that first appearance, that week two is where much ground can be gained based on nothing more than a little confidence. As we would see tonight, that, as much as anything, is what is still holding a few of our stars back. Tom opened the show with a quick recap of last week, reminding everyone that Josie is no longer in the competition. But with eleven couples to dance, there was no time to dawdle, so on with the show.
After newsman Dan Rather
left was fired from was forced out of departed CBS after four decades plus, a lot of people had no idea what the hell he was going to do. But then came news that he had signed on to Mark Cuban's HDNet, and now comes word that Rather's show will start on November 14 at 8pm.
It will be a news show called Dan Rather Reports, with Rather as the anchor, and will feature three segments: the war, a focus on the middle class, and politics. In other words, it sounds a lot like other news shows, but I guess the secret is in how they'll do it.
And to answer the next question you have, no, he really hasn't seen what Katie Couric is doing in his new seat. He's been too busy.
That is the tasty sound bite bit of the story, but if you click around a bit, there is more to it. Much of this latest Mark Cuban vs. YouTube story started with a post on his personal blog titled, "The Coming Dramatic Decline of YouTube." In that entry he goes into his thoughts as to why YouTube became so popular, and what it is that he thinks is going to be the downfall of the site. Cuban boils it down to the fact that if you take away all of the copyrighted material on the site, you take away the lion's share of the YouTube traffic.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Faking It' Season 2 Premiere and Cast Photos
- 'Sleepy Hollow': 16 Shocking and Emotional Moments from the Season 2 Premiere
- 'Under the Dome' Season 2 Finale: 22 Shocking Moments from 'Go Now'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Go Home in Week 2?
- 'America's Next Top Model' Recap: Who Does Nick Cannon Choose for His Ad Campaign?
- More From BuddyTV
- Cheers Vet Rhea Perlman Praises Her Mindy Project Arc: 'This Is Funny Stuff'
- Ratings: Gotham Cops Good Numbers But Sleepy Slips, Blacklist Returns Strong, Bang Still Very Big, Voice Drops
- Scandal Video: Would Fitz Risk It All For 'One Woman'? (Spoiler: Yes!)
- New Girl Photos: Jess Gets a Glance at Her New Man's, Er, Shortcomings
- The Blacklist Season 2 Premiere Recap: Good Morning, Lord Baltimore
- More From TVLine
- Ellen DeGeneres Shows Up In Matthew McConaughey's Car Commercial
- Brooding Britney? Hear Blood Orange's Leaked 'Britney Jean' Demos
- Is the 3-Breasted Woman Lying About Third Boob Surgery?
- Sofia Vergara and Jimmy Fallon Trade Lips, The Results Are Terrifying!
- You Can't Miss Season 2 of MTV's 'Faking it', and Here's Why...
- More From ET