Andy began reading a question from a viewer asking China if she used to date "Adrienne's BFF Marky Mark Wahlberg," and paused to ask China if the rumor was true. She confirmed it was, much to Adrienne's surprise. Adrienne had just posted a photo on her Facebook page of herself and her husband Dr. Paul Nassif out to dinner with Wahlberg.
The executive producer shared the evolution of how a short movie documentary about "my friends who at a later stage in life decided they wanted to be rappers" turned into 'Entourage.' We could have had yet another Hollywood reality show following Wahlberg and his buddies around, but thankfully he nixed that idea.
"I would not incriminate myself," he said, and so it evolved into a fictional variation that became a signature series for HBO and a perennial favorite at awards shows.
Watch the video after the jump.
Variety is reporting that Wahlberg, Doug Ellin and Stephen Levinson, the successful team behind the Emmy-winning comedy 'Entourage,' are working on a new, untitled series that follows the relationship between a political aide and his boss, the former President of the United States.
The script comes from Ben Scherwin, who will also serve as co-executive producer alongside Wahlberg, Ellin and Levinson.
Mark Wahlberg has stated in an interview that he believes that Entourage, the HBO show in which he serves as executive producer, has two more years left in its television life before making the jump to the theatrical screen. The show has just been renewed for a sixth season.
It's not a bad idea, although the concept of a Hollywood insider movie has been done in Hollywood movies before, most notably with Robert Altman's The Player. However, it's been 17 years since that movie was released, so its ripe for recycling (It's surprising it hasn't been redone yet).
HBO has seen tremendous success with one of its franchises moving to the big screen, Sex and the City (which has a sequel on the way). On the other hand, The Sopranos hasn't made it to the big screen yet for some reason. Perhaps David Chase didn't want to ruin a perfect ending to the series.
I'm crazy for HBO, and one of the shows I'm really looking forward to is Boardwalk Empire, a pilot executive produced by Martin Scorsese (who's also directing), Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson, and Terence Winter (who's also penning the pilot).
Based on the Nelson Johnson book Boardwalk Empire: The Birth, High Times, and Corruption of Atlantic City, the project chronicles the 1920s origins of Atlantic City, New Jersey. From what I've read, it sounds like a mix of The Departed, The Sopranos and Goodfellas -- all favorites of mine. And the cast they've got lined up couldn't be better.
Steve Buscemi plays Nucky Johnson, a businessman who runs a liquor distribution ring at the beginning of Prohibition. Michael Pitt (pictured) is in negotiations to play Jimmy Darmody, a bright, young, ruthless WWI veteran who serves as a flunky for Nucky, but yearns for more power.
Wahlberg's last Entourage cameo occurred during the show's pilot, when he briefly crossed paths with Vince and the guys. This time around, Wahlberg said that he'd have a scene with Jeremy Piven. I'm already picturing Lloyd drooling in the background.
(S01E03) "You just don't get it." - Sophie
What's this? A glimpse into the personal life of Dr. Paul? I feel like I'm watching Lost. Was his son real or just an apparition like Walt?
Even though I felt a little cheated by the brief appearance of Paul's family, Mia Wasikowska's performance as Sophie certainly made up for it.
The network has picked up a one-hour comedy from producer Linda Bloodworth-Thomason (Designing Women) called 12 Miles Of Bad Road. The show will star Lily Tomlin as the matriarch of a rich Texas family. Add in the family real estate business and a collection of relatives and hilarity will ensue, hopefully. The idea almost sounds like a Dallas spoof. With Tomlin on board, it will certainly be worth a look. Look for Gary Cole, Mary Kay Place, and Leslie Jordan to also appear.
Filming for In Treatment is scheduled to begin next month. No word yet on a cast or an air date.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- TV's Best New Characters of 2013
- 'Bridge Over Troubled Water' Battle: 'American Idol' vs. 'The Voice'
- 'The Voice' Top 5 Predictions: Which 3 Singers Are in the Finale?
- 'Real Housewives' Roundup: Brandi's Apology, Porsha's Divorce and a New 'NYC' Season
- [VIDEO] 'NCIS' Sneak Peek: Gibbs and Fornell's Ex-Wife Asks for a Favor
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Psych: The Musical' was 'a Herculean task,' says James Roday
- TV Snacks: 'How I Met Your Mother' fave returns, 'Happy Endings' on VH1
- 'Sean Saves the World' sets 'Will & Grace' reunion with Megan Mullally guest appearance
- 'Doctor Who': Peter Capaldi's Doctor costume a mix of 'old-fashioned' and the future
- 'The Sing-Off': Meet The Princeton Footnotes, Season 4's first eliminated group
- More From Zap2it
- Exclusive: Will & Grace Reunion on Sean Saves the World, Megan Mullally to Play Sean's [Spoiler]
- TVLine Items: Gossip Guy Is NBC's Tin Man, Mom Casts Dad, Happy Endings' New Home and More
- Exclusive Parenthood First Look: Crosby Drops Some Slutty-But-Soulful Knowledge on Drew
- Exclusive Sneak Peek: Bob Barker Marks His 90th Birthday With a Price Is Right First
- Ratings: The Voice Boosts The Sing-Off's Return, Almost Human Ticks Up, Hostages Steady
- More From TVLine