Just as notable, the show became a launching pad for everyone from Jim Carrey and Jamie Foxx to then-choreographer Rosie Perez and Jennifer Lopez (the latter earning her first high-profile job as one of the show's "Fly Girls").
To commemorate the anniversary, we take a look back at some of the best musical parodies the show had to offer. And good luck not getting nostalgic -- or rueful -- of the '90s if you remember these.
VH1 continues its foray into scripted fare, according to this Yahoo! piece, with Life and Times of Marcus 'Felony' Brown. The series, developed by In Living Color and The Wayans Bros.' Marlon and Shawn Wayans along with Rick Alvarez, tells the tale of an up-and-coming hardcore rapper (Darius McCrary) who moves to LA to record his second album, trailed by his manager, body guard and hype man. Think of it as Rap Entourage. It's being executive produced by the three creators along with Keenan Ivory Wayans.
While there's no official word of the Wayans appearing on the show, it seems inevitable that they eventually will. You know they can't keep their mugs out of their projects. Eventually we'll see Shawn, Marlon, Keenen Ivory, Damon, Kim, Craig, Elvira, Damien Dante, Michael, Cara Mia, Kyla, Vonnie, Nadia, Kim, Deidre, Dwayne and Damon, Jr. on the show. After that, they'll have to start thinking about the second episode.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Season 13: Top 6 Performance Rankings
- 'Black Box': Meet the Cast and Premiere Photos
- 'The Blacklist' Episode 20 Photos: Being Framed for Murder
- Best 'Agents of SHIELD' Quotes from 'The Only Light in the Darkness'
- 'Arrow' Recap: Roy Rage and Mirakuru Madness Reach the Point of No Return
- More From BuddyTV
- Nashville: On the Record Recap: We'll Do It Live!
- American Idol Top 6 Performance Recap: Wanna Ya-ah-ah-ah-ah… Yahoo It! [Updated]
- CBS' Thursday Night Football Dates Set: When This Fall Might Big Bang Reclaim Its Time Slot?
- Arrow Recap: A Mother Of a Twist (Times Three)
- Sirens Sneak Peek: Will Johnny and Hank Allow Brian Into 'The Neutral Zone'?
- More From TVLine