(S02E03) Sex was the topic of the day in and around the 'United States of Tara,' with nearly everyone questioning, experimenting, wondering and musing about the subject. Gay, straight, bi and variations on a theme. There was something about dogs in a bathtub that's still beyond me. But for the real skinny on how Tara's getting on, follow me after the jump and join the free skate.
Hot off the presses (DVDs are pressed right?), the first season of How I Met Your Mother is out on DVD today. Without getting into specifics, I got lucky and ended up with a copy last week. So I've had all weekend to play around with it. The simple answer is that this is a great DVD set... for all HIMYM fans. Anyone else that picks this up probably isn't going to get as excited about the special features as I did.
That being said, the special features are scant. There's not many, but what you do get is worth it. Once you get over the fact that it's only presented in full frame (Joel and I were both angry about the lack of widescreen), there's plenty to watch. I especially enjoyed the commentaries on the pilot episode and "Drumroll, Please" because Pamela Fryman sat in on those sessions. It's a rare occurrence when one person helms the directorial duties for an entire 22-episode run, but Fryman did it and created a constant visual style throughout the entire season. So her thoughts held some weight in those commentaries.
Actually, AC, while not the "Shangri-La" that Las Vegas is, isn't as horrific as TV writers would lead you to believe. But it was a good backdrop for tonight's rare one-story episode.
So...Marshall and Lilly are back together. Like I said last week, it would have been nice for them to explore them trying to co-exist as friends in the group for a little while longer, but the deed is done. Now, they're starting to talk about marriage again; Marshall even makes Lilly get down on a knee and propose all formal-like. But instead of getting up in front of Marshall's family, who still might be a little miffed at Lilly for leaving him, they decide to elope in Atantic City.
Sure, some might go for Syd's wigs or clothing, but I want one of the Rambaldi artifacts! Or, if I can't have one of those, maybe one of Marshall's gadgets.
But Will, when people come knocking on your door and just say, yeah, I'm with the CIA, here's a quick look at my badge, just don't invite them in for coffee and danish.
But who cares? The show is ending anyway! Ha!
"People often think a good mix should rise and fall, but people are wrong. It should be all rise baby" -Barney.
For me, this show has been nothing but
"rise" as well. This episode was another great episode in an absolutely fantastic season. I say this week in
and week out, but this show really strikes a chord with me, and last night's episode made me feel like maybe I'm not
the only one who always seems to be "looking" for something/someone on New Year's Eve. I'm not sure if mine
will turn out quite like Ted's, but I'll be sure to let you know, since I'm sure you all care so much. On with the
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.6 Photos: It's Halloween Time Again
- 'Gotham' Episode 6 Photos: Facing Demons of the Past
- 'Bones' Episode 10.5 Photos: Brennan Meets Her Rival
- 'America's Next Top Model' Cycle 21 Episode 10 Photos: Tyra Acts as Makeup Artist
- 'Reign' Episode 2.4 Photos: Let's Dance!
- More From BuddyTV
- Death Comes to Pemberley Sneak Peek: A Murderous Twist on Jane Austen
- The Flash Stars Talk Caitlin-Ronnie Flashbacks, Tease Firestorm's Arrival
- Castle Recap: Schoolhouse, Rocked
- DWTS Week 6 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?
- Gossip Girl Alum Penn Badgley Joins NBC Miniseries The Slap as Cougar Bait
- More From TVLine
- Robert Pattinson's Girlfriend FKA Twigs Makes Google Glass Cool In New Video
- Alan Cumming Recalls 'Wasted' Shia LaBeouf's 'Cabaret' Arrest
- Sarah Paulson Explains Why Two Heads Are Better Than One
- Sofia Vergara On Her Fight Against Thyroid Cancer
- Kim Kardashian in 1994 Home Video: 'When I'm Famous, Remember Me as This Beautiful Little Girl'
- More From ET