So, what are you waiting for? I can hear you salivating with anticipation from here. Read on, my friend -- Read on!
More comics, more anime and more sci-fi -- what more could a genre geek ask for? Last year's wraparound lineups and record-setting crowds finally persuaded the people behind Toronto's annual genre convention -- Fan Expo --to add an extra day. It now starts on Thursday instead of Friday, and runs from August 25 to 28.
Good thing too, since there are more high-profile guests and "one time only" events than there have ever been. Whether you're a fan of comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, gaming or all of the above, there is bound to be something for everyone.
Comic fans are in for some big announcements from Marvel and DC, and horror fans will get an exclusive screening of 'Near Dark,' the cult horror film from Best Director Oscar winner Kathryn Bigelow. Plus, William Shatner returns to the big screen with documentary 'The Captains,' which features interviews with everyone who has ever piloted the Starship Enterprise.
This is just a taste of what's to come at this year's Fan Expo. For the true highlights of this year's convention, hit the jump.
It was something of the opposite of "Peter's Two Dads." Where that one excelled with the structure of the story, this one wasn't as strong. But the collection of cutaways presented with this episode was far superior. Of course, given that I only liked one of them last week, that's a pretty low bar. We'll save those for last though, and get to the meat of the episode. As is often the case, we had a Peter story balanced with a Stewie story.
(S03E11) It seems only fitting that the week that I fill in for Jonathan, the name of the episode is "What About Bob?" The only thing stranger would be if next week's episode was titled "The Return of Jonathan." (Just checked, it's not.)
While Drama goes to shoot his first scenes for the new Ed Burns flick, Ari, Bob, and Eric go to see a studio head about the Ramones movie, and Vince and Turtle spend the day trying to track down a pair of expensive, limited edition sneakers from a famous Japanese artist.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Summer Projects: What Are Your Favorite TV Stars Up To?
- 'Big Brother 17' Spoilers: Was the Power of Veto Used in Week 6?
- 'The 100' Season 3 Interview: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke's 'Going to Be Losing Her Mind'
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Predictions: Which Two Dancers Will Leave the Top 16?
- 'True Detective' Recap: Everyone's on the Run for Their Lives as a Detective Bites the Dust
- More From BuddyTV
- TVLine Items: American Crime Plot Scoop, Transparent Return Date & More
- CSI Finale Photos: Marg Helgenberger Shares 'Grillows' Reunion and More
- Sleepy Hollow Season 3: Hasta la Vista, Headless!
- Scoop: Carla Gugino Joins Showtime's Cameron Crowe Pilot Roadies, Replacing Christina Hendricks
- Legends of Tomorrow Casts Reckless Actor as Hawkman
- More From TVLine
- Failing to Realize The Lego Movie Was the Exception, Not the Rule, Hollywood Begins Developing a Pez Dispenser Movie
- Ronda Rousey to Star in Her Own Biopic: Will It Last Longer Than 34 Seconds?
- Wet Hot American Summer's Christopher Meloni on Humping the Fridge and Returning to ‘Gene' After 15 Years
- More from Vulture
- Listen to 'Uptown Funk' as Performed by 280 Movies
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's Heartbreaking Burial Service Asks for Prayers for Cissy Houston
- Rooster McConaughey -- Yes, Matthew's Brother -- Talks ‘West Texas Investors,' His Nickname & Donald Trump
- Amy Schumer Emotionally Speaks Out on Gun Violence: 'These Shootings Have Got to Stop'
- Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Battle Divorce Rumors ... Again
- More From ET