So, what are you waiting for? I can hear you salivating with anticipation from here. Read on, my friend -- Read on!
More comics, more anime and more sci-fi -- what more could a genre geek ask for? Last year's wraparound lineups and record-setting crowds finally persuaded the people behind Toronto's annual genre convention -- Fan Expo --to add an extra day. It now starts on Thursday instead of Friday, and runs from August 25 to 28.
Good thing too, since there are more high-profile guests and "one time only" events than there have ever been. Whether you're a fan of comics, sci-fi, horror, anime, gaming or all of the above, there is bound to be something for everyone.
Comic fans are in for some big announcements from Marvel and DC, and horror fans will get an exclusive screening of 'Near Dark,' the cult horror film from Best Director Oscar winner Kathryn Bigelow. Plus, William Shatner returns to the big screen with documentary 'The Captains,' which features interviews with everyone who has ever piloted the Starship Enterprise.
This is just a taste of what's to come at this year's Fan Expo. For the true highlights of this year's convention, hit the jump.
It was something of the opposite of "Peter's Two Dads." Where that one excelled with the structure of the story, this one wasn't as strong. But the collection of cutaways presented with this episode was far superior. Of course, given that I only liked one of them last week, that's a pretty low bar. We'll save those for last though, and get to the meat of the episode. As is often the case, we had a Peter story balanced with a Stewie story.
(S03E11) It seems only fitting that the week that I fill in for Jonathan, the name of the episode is "What About Bob?" The only thing stranger would be if next week's episode was titled "The Return of Jonathan." (Just checked, it's not.)
While Drama goes to shoot his first scenes for the new Ed Burns flick, Ari, Bob, and Eric go to see a studio head about the Ramones movie, and Vince and Turtle spend the day trying to track down a pair of expensive, limited edition sneakers from a famous Japanese artist.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Teams of 'The Amazing Race' Season 27
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 21 Cast: 13 Couples Revealed with Paula Deen
- 'RHOA' Kicks Off Season 7 with Physical Brawl
- Chris Bukowski Retires from 'Bachelor' Franchise
- 'RHOC' Star Vicki Gunvalson on Costar Meghan King Edmonds: 'There is Zero Respect with Her'
- More From BuddyTV
- Does Arrow's Season 4 Poster Earn 'Higher' Marks Than Last Year's?
- Sons of Anarchy Vet Theo Rossi Joins Marvel's Luke Cage as [Spoiler]
- Scream Queens' Killer Opening Credits Unmasked
- Supernatural Season 11 First Look: Sam and Cas Are Bruised, Bloody — Plus: Crowley's Fate Revealed!
- Amazing Race 27: 'Kardashians,' Jets Cheerleaders, Paparazzi Among Cast
- More From TVLine
- All 13 'Dancing With the Stars' Season 21 Contestants, Ranked
- Everyone Is Losing Their Mind Over Kermit's New Girlfriend, Denise, on 'The Muppets Show'
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen 'Going Through a Rocky Point' but Still 'Very Much in Love'
- Miranda Lambert Lip Syncs 'Bad Blood' and Is All Smiles With Luke Bryan at ACM Honors
- MTV Honors Horror Legend Wes Craven in 'Scream' Finale
- More From ET