It starts with Charlie, with his face painted in camouflage, swimming in the darkness, channeling his dad's classic 'Apocalypse Now' character Captain Benjamin J. Willard. As a voice-over of Charlie reciting his dad's famous monologue plays (with a few slight tweaks), the camera pans out, and we realize Sheen is just swimming in his backyard pool. Then his dad comes out of the house and yells at him to wash his face and get inside and tells Charlie's poolside goddesses it's time to go home as Charlie laments, "C'mon Dad!"
The video was directed by Roman Coppola, who will also direct the indie film Sheen just signed on to do called 'A Glimpse into the Mind of Charlie Swan III.' According to EW, Martin's involvement in the sketch was a last-minute decision that Charlie announced to the crew by saying, "We're going to need some lines for my father."
Check out the hilarious and oddly heartfelt video after the jump.
Hmm... interesting. If Charlie is well enough to move on to other things, then why isn't he well enough to complete his run on 'Two and a Half Men?' Yes, the mixed signals are as difficult to read as smoke signals.
On one hand, if Charlie Sheen is really so damaged by his personal issues -- domestic upheaval, overzealous partying, the pre-emptive entry into rehab, the sober coach on set to counsel him during his return -- how would he be ready to move on? And if he can't work anymore even with all the help he's getting from the network and the production company, not to mention cast and crew and producers, could he do better elsewhere?
Many of the events I refer to occurred after creator Aaron Sorkin was ousted from the series. I take that as more than coincidence.
Major spoilers for the show follow after the jump, so if you haven't seen it yet, turn back now.
Tyne Daly popped up on Wings, playing scenes with her brother Tim, and again, it worked out great. On the other hand, when Martin Sheen guested on Two and a Half Men in 2005, it was a dud. I don't know, maybe comedy really isn't Martin Sheen's forte.
Fortunately, Charlie Sheen isn't above trying again. Charlie's brother Emilio Estevez is going to do a guest turn on Two and a Half Men in an upcoming episode. They won't be playing brothers, but Emilio will be one of Charlie's best buddies from times gone by.
You're Martin Sheen. Okay, I know you're not, but for the sake of this post pretend that your are! You've just come off of a very successful political drama where you were President of the United States and the world is your oyster. So, what do you do? Do you sit at home and count the money you made? Do you look for a new television or movie project? Or, do you watch over son Charlie to make sure he doesn't do anything else stupid to further damage his fragile reputation?
You don't do any of those things. Instead, you enroll in college. And, that is exactly what the 66-year-old former star of The West Wing did last Friday when he enrolled as a student at National University Galway in western Ireland.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- The 30 Best Auditions of 'American Idol' Season 14
- 'The Biggest Loser' Season 16: Before and After Photos
- 'Project Runway: All Stars' Season 4: Ranking the Looks of 'Always the Bridesmaid'
- [Video] 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Trailer: Who Will Rule the Seven Kingdoms?
- [Video] 'American Idol' One Singer to Watch: Tyanna Jones' Imperfections Stand Out
- More From BuddyTV
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Photos: Cersei Schemes, Tyrion Lurks, Arya Arrives, New Faces Emerge
- Parenthood Deleted Scenes Show Seth's Return, Sarah's Roast and More
- Lewis and Clark: HBO Greenlights Miniseries Starring Casey Affleck
- Celebrity Apprentice Sneak Peek: Does Kenya Moore Call Vivica A. Fox Fat?
- Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Nashville, Supergirl, Castle, Flash, Supernatural, Forever, Grey's, NCIS, Jane and More!
- More From TVLine
- 'Harry Potter' Star Rushed to Hospital With Severe Flu-Like Symptoms
- We Never Stopped Believing — How 'Glee' Finally Got Its Groove Back!
- Katy Perry Confirms 'Mean Girls' Tweet was Aimed at Taylor Swift
- Treat Your Sweetie to an Amazing Valentine's Day Gift Bag!
- The Top 7 Super Bowl Halftime Moments
- More From ET