October 26, 2014
by Annette Bourdeau, posted Jan 6th 2010 3:31PM
CBC is pulling out all the stops this winter, and is debuting two new shows this week – '18 to Life' and 'Republic of Doyle'. The latter follows a father/son private investigation team based in picturesque St. John's, Newfoundland. The duo tackles cases of all sorts, from catching adulterers to busting drug rings. The show's hero, Jake Doyle, is often distracted by his feisty ex-wife, the attractive local policewoman and his precocious teenage niece.
AOL TV Canada caught up with Allan Hawco, the co-creator and star of 'Doyle' (not to mention writer and producer), who gives off a strangely Colin Farrell-esque vibe. We picked his brain about everything from Newfoundland's fresh, fresh air to why he thinks women rule the world to Doyle guest stars like Mary Walsh, Gordon Pinsent and even Seamus O'Regan.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revolution' Creator Eric Kripke Answers: Will the Story Live On?
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Episode 11.6 Photos: A Visit from April's Mom
- 'Constantine' Series Premiere Recap: John Constantine Makes a Big Entrance
- The 10 Best Looks of 'Project Runway' Season 13
- 'Reign' Episode 2.5 Photos: Will Greer Get Married?
- More From BuddyTV
- Castle Scoop: Krista Allen Cast as Former B-Movie Star
- TVLine's Performer of the Week: Supernatural's Jensen Ackles
- Ratings: Constantine Does Sub-Dracula Numbers, Blue Bloods Hits Highs
- Constantine: Will You Go to Hell and Back for NBC's New Drama?
- Grimm Season 4 Premiere Recap: Trubel-ing Times
- More From TVLine