January 31, 2015
by Annette Bourdeau, posted Jan 6th 2010 3:31PM
CBC is pulling out all the stops this winter, and is debuting two new shows this week – '18 to Life' and 'Republic of Doyle'. The latter follows a father/son private investigation team based in picturesque St. John's, Newfoundland. The duo tackles cases of all sorts, from catching adulterers to busting drug rings. The show's hero, Jake Doyle, is often distracted by his feisty ex-wife, the attractive local policewoman and his precocious teenage niece.
AOL TV Canada caught up with Allan Hawco, the co-creator and star of 'Doyle' (not to mention writer and producer), who gives off a strangely Colin Farrell-esque vibe. We picked his brain about everything from Newfoundland's fresh, fresh air to why he thinks women rule the world to Doyle guest stars like Mary Walsh, Gordon Pinsent and even Seamus O'Regan.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Best 'Glee' Quotes from 'The Hurt Locker, Part 2'
- 'NCIS' Episode 12.14 Photos: A Case Causes Tony to Flashback to His Days in Military School
- 'Grey's Anatomy': The 15 Most Bizarre Medical Cases
- 'Reign' Episode 2.13 Photos: Will Mary and Francis Reunite at the Winter's Ease Feast?
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Photos
- More From BuddyTV
- Pilots: CBS Adds David Shore/Bryan Cranston Drama, James Patterson Riff
- Pilots: ABC Orders Comedies About Johnny Knoxville, NBA Odd Couple, Genius Kids, Plus 4 Others
- Ground Floor Cancelled at TBS
- Glee Recap: Love in an Elevator
- Pilots: ABC Orders College Conspiracy, Modern Oil Boom Dramas, Others
- More From TVLine