October 22, 2014
by Annette Bourdeau, posted Jan 6th 2010 3:31PM
CBC is pulling out all the stops this winter, and is debuting two new shows this week – '18 to Life' and 'Republic of Doyle'. The latter follows a father/son private investigation team based in picturesque St. John's, Newfoundland. The duo tackles cases of all sorts, from catching adulterers to busting drug rings. The show's hero, Jake Doyle, is often distracted by his feisty ex-wife, the attractive local policewoman and his precocious teenage niece.
AOL TV Canada caught up with Allan Hawco, the co-creator and star of 'Doyle' (not to mention writer and producer), who gives off a strangely Colin Farrell-esque vibe. We picked his brain about everything from Newfoundland's fresh, fresh air to why he thinks women rule the world to Doyle guest stars like Mary Walsh, Gordon Pinsent and even Seamus O'Regan.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Sons of Anarchy': 21 Touching and Frightening Moments from 'Greensleeves'
- 'Arrow' Interview: Willa Holland on Thea's Unusual Relationship with Malcolm, Love for Roy and New 'Kick-Ass Attitude'
- 'The Voice' Interviews: Toia Jones on What Led to Her Emotional Battle Round Rehearsal
- 'The Flash': 15 Secrets Kept or Revealed During 'Things You Can't Outrun'
- 'Supernatural' Mystery: Who Is the Red-Headed Woman?
- More From BuddyTV
- Port Charles' Marie Wilson Joins Days as a Woman From [Spoiler]'s Past
- Grimm's David Giuntoli on Whether a Normal Nick Can Leave the Fractured Fairy Tales Behind
- Bewitched Update: NBC Pilot Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter
- Damages Alum Joins WE tv Thriller South of Hell Opposite Mena Suvari
- MasterChef Junior Preview Video: 'No Wonder These Kids Curse Brilliantly'
- More From TVLine