(S04E09) "Everything is exactly the way it should be. Perfect." - Rita Morgan
The season is almost over and that means things are bound to ramp up as Dexter moves in closer to kill the Trinity Killer. But this week, we get treated to a special Thanksgiving episode. Think of it as a sordid cross between the "Thanksgiving Day" episode from Father Knows Best mixed with the director's cut of any episode of Twin Peaks.
After explaining his identity, background and own "Dark Passenger," this week's episode dove head first into his family who aren't as Norman Rockwell as Arthur Mitchell might want Dexter and the rest of the world to believe. It turns out they are probably the most interesting aspect of Mitchell's twisted life and could turn out to be a huge asset to bringing the man down, now that he no longer has them in his upper hand.
For those who don't know the backstory, Dexter got in a very serious accident while driving home from a recent kill and fell asleep behind the wheel. He suffered a concussion and doctor's orders prevented him from driving. So one night, Masuka drives our boy home in the biggest, most bad ass 4-by-4 with lighting painted down the sides, suspension that reached the sky and a stereo system that could let him listen to loud, obnoxious country music from space.
Sounds like Dexter isn't the only one trying to wear a "mask" to hide a deep, dark secret.
(S01E12) What an absolutely spectacular show. It's going to be a shame if Michael C. Hall doesn't get the Golden Globe because he certainly deserves it. It's funny because at the beginning of the season I said I was going to have a hard time picturing him as anything other than part of the Six Feet Under ensemble. Now that season one of Dexter has come and gone, I can't imagine how Hall ever played the role of David Fisher for five seasons because this is the show I associate him with. He owns this role.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Meet the Castaways on 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Top Moments: Mona, Ali's Lies and a Brutal Murder from 'Taking This One to the Grave'
- A 'Full House' Reboot: 5 More Shows from the 90s We'd Like to See
- 'Top Chef Duels' Prediction: Who Will Survive Week 4?
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 9: Semifinals Part 1 Performance Rankings
- More From BuddyTV
- Pretty Little Liars Post Mortem: Latest Victim Reveals Her Ghostly Return, Revenge Plans for Alison and More
- First Trailer: Will Jeffrey Tambor's Transparent Be Amazon's First Big Hit?
- New Survivor Cast Includes Race Twins, Baseball Bad Boy, Clay Aiken's Ex
- Young & Hungry's Emily Osment Teases 'Huge' Wedding Finale Cliffhanger
- The Next Bachelor: Farmer Chris Soules
- More From TVLine
- Kristen Stewart on What Causes 'Bad Acting,' and Why She Took a Two Year Break
- 'Young and Hungry' Sneak Peek: It's Gabi Versus Josh's Fiancé—Who Will Win?!
- Jessica Alba's Startup is Worth How Much?!
- Justin Bieber Compares Fender Bender to Princess Diana Crash
- The 6 Best Moments From the 'Chelsea Lately' Series Finale
- More From ET