Fresh off the show winning its 11th Emmy nomination last week, it's been confirmed that the second half of Season 15 will premiere on Comedy Central October 5th.
And fans who'd worried that this season could be the last can rest easy. 'Entertainment Weekly' has confirmed that creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone have signed up through 2013 -- two more seasons -- with Comedy Central.
The "guido"-based reality series separates viewers into two opposing camps. People either love 'Jersey Shore' or they hate it. And 'South Park' creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone made their feelings about the 'Shore' very, very clear.
[Warning: Spoiler alert.]
In a statement released on their South Park Studios Web site, Stone and Parker said, "In the 14 years we've been doing 'South Park' we have never done a show that we couldn't stand behind. We delivered our version of the show to Comedy Central and they made a determination to alter the episode. It wasn't some meta-joke on our part. Comedy Central added the bleeps. In fact, Kyle's customary final speech was about intimidation and fear. It didn't mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too. We'll be back next week with a whole new show about something completely different and we'll see what happens to it."
The fine folks at TVShowsonDVD.com almost make me happy. Trey Parker and Matt Stone really hit it out of the park with their "Imaginationland" South Park trilogy, and the stellar ratings prove that everyone agrees on this point. In response, Comedy Central says they'll be collected in a special DVD set released March 11, 2008. That's like four months away! Okay, I can't blame TVShowsonDVD for that, but I like to kill the messenger ... the post office doesn't deliver mail to my house anymore.
I want to know why it's going to take so long. The boys can make an episode in 27 minutes, I can burn a DVD in two, and it takes about four days to ship goods by ground from the coasts to the Midwest, where I live. By my factoring, if they get started right now, I should have it Monday afternoon. I know the industry likes to release DVDs on Tuesdays, so I'll even give an extra day. I'll be in the stores next week looking for it. Don't make me come looking for the messenger.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- You're the Worst Finale Post Mortem: EP Talks Gretchen's Major Move, Downplays Lindsay's Big D
- Satisfaction Finale Post Mortem: EP Addresses Cliffhanger Concerns, Reveals Ideas for Season 2
- Rush Finale Recap: Very Bad Medicine
- TNT Orders 1970s-Set 'Cocaine' Pilot From Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay
- Castle's Season 7 Premiere: 12 Teasers
- More From TVLine
- 8 Reasons We Should've Known Iggy Azalea Was A Ghost All Along
- Could Melissa Rivers Bring a Lawsuit Against Joan's Doctors?
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Bare Their 'Booty' – Finally!
- Tony Gonzalez is CBS Sports' Hot Rookie Reporter
- Amy Adams Plays Real-Life Artist in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- More From ET