In fact, during any given pilot season, the networks compile a "wish list" of movie stars they'd love to get their mitts on and this year's no different. The Hollywood Reporter details that this time 'round, Oscar nominee Julianne Moore and indie darling Maria Bello rest atop the list for several of the more meaty female roles.
It seems that Moore, who's been dipping her toes into the television pool with a [much-mailgned] guest arc on '30 Rock' would be the dream addition to the Peacock net's take on PBS' long-running 'Prime Suspect.' ABC, too, has its eyes on Moore for its upcoming comedic drama 'Scoundrels' but has also approached Bello and former box office heavyweight-turned-compulsive-tweeter, Demi Moore about the role of a mom who tries to get her family of small-time criminals back on the straight and narrow.
Also on Inside Movies:
-- Matt Dillon chats about 'Armored' and escaping the Teen Idol tag in this interview.
-- The blog hands it to Morgan Freeman. What's up with the bandaged left hand?
(more posts after the jump)
(S19E03) Shut the hell up, you damn ass whore! -- Bart
Three episodes of The Simpsons down. Time for an extensive, in-depth analysis of the nineteenth season so far.
Honestly, I wasn't expecting an earth-shattering change in the show after The Simpsons Movie premiered this summer. What has come down the pike since late September has been entertaining and provided a good solid laugh or two. However, I do have one concern and an observation about our favorite yellow-headed patriarch. If I've piqued your interest then jump ahead. If not, then enjoy this floating Homer head. Enjoy it as you get sleepy . . . sleepy. Now, You Will Jump To The Next Page And Laugh Everytime I Say Flooblegee!
Actor Kevin Dillon, star of the HBO series Entourage, has taken the plunge and married his fiancee Jane Stuart (well, I hope he married his fiancee; it would be weird if I said he married his dog, Lucky).
The couple were married this past Saturday in a small ceremony at a downtown Las Vegas chapel. The wedding was witnessed by Dillon's co-star Kevin Connolly.
In addition to his role on Entourage, Dillon, younger brother of actor Matt Dillon, has also had
roles in such films as Platoon, The Doors and the upcoming film Poseidon.
Entourage, which focuses on the day-to-day life of Vince
Change Chase and his entourage, will
be back on HBO with twenty new episodes.
Several things are pretty stunning about this news. One, that even though it debuted 50 years ago, Gunsmoke still holds the record for longest running prime time drama (20 years - 1955 to 1975). And two, that star James Arness is still alive!
Dodge City (the real one) and the Utah set celebrate the show's 50th birthday with two separate events later this month and in mid-September.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- 'Revenge': Winners and Losers from 'Surrender'
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Not So Fast Pass Rankings: How the Mighty Have Fallen
- 'The Amazing Race' Season 23 Finale Recap: Which Team Wins?
- 'Homeland' Recap: Brody's Allegiance is Questioned
- 'Revenge' Recap: Two Fiances are Better Than One
- More From BuddyTV
- 'Blacklist,''Supernatural,''Glee,' and more of the best lines on TV this week
- 'Breaking the Faith': Worldly education in Salt Lake City
- 'The Mentalist' - 'Green Thumb': Back where we started
- 'Homeland' Season 3 episode 11 'Big Man in Tehran' recap: Brody chooses a side
- 'Amazing Race' 24 is all-stars: Which teams are returning?
- More From Zap2it
- Revenge Recap: The Bitch Is Back!
- Once Upon a Time Recap: Curses, Foiled Again!
- Quotes of the Week: Best Zingers From Masters of Sex, HIMYM, Scandal, Tomorrow People & More
- Paul Rudd Hosts Saturday Night Live: Watch Video of the Best and Worst Sketches
- What to Watch Sunday: Race Finishes, Mentalist Fall Finale, Bonnie & Clyde Ride Again and More
- More From TVLine