TCA parties are known for loud music, tons of actors, executives and producers, and lots and lots of reporters.
Friday night's bash thrown by Garth Ancier, the new president of US Operations BBC Worldwide America, had none of those things. As a result, it's become the party of the tour. Who talked the exec into opening up his private home to members of the TCA ? "Nobody," he tells TV Squad. "This way my idea. I've had many great parties here over the years."
Ancier entertained TCA members with stories of working with the late great Aaron Spelling and how the ex-head of The WB arranged a meeting with the series-making mogul. "He might have thought we were going to cancel Charmed," Ancier theorized.
Friday's TCA, which continued cable TV presentations, felt like three days rolled into one.
Just how jam-packed and eclectic are the programs and announcements that were made?
Here's a sample: Dynasty diva Joan Collins is checking into BBC America's Hotel Babylon, Richard Dreyfus (Jaws) is not afraid to get back into the water as host of The Discovery Channel's Ocean of Fear: The Worst Shark Attack Ever and Jonny Fairplay (Survivor) of CMT's Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull-Riding Challenge sadly announced that his beloved grandmother passed away two weeks ago.
TV Squad Hot Topics
Most Popular Articles
From Our Partners
- Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Nashville, Flash, Castle, Good Wife, Originals, CSI, Mistresses, Scream Queens and More
- Jason O'Mara Teases Complications to Come, Revisits His Jurassic Series' Fate
- Lucifer Adds Arrow's Kevin Alejandro
- Scream Queens Cast Photos: Meet the Slasher Comedy's Potential Victims
- Astronaut Wives Video: Rene Fears the Worst as Scott's Mission Goes Awry
- More From TVLine
- Halle Berry Recalls First Season of 'Extant': 'I Thought I Got Dropped Off In Hell'
- Demi Lovato Responds to 'Cool For the Summer' Katy Perry Comparisons
- George Takei Has The Perfect Response To Donald Trump's Position on Same-Sex Marriage
- EXCLUSIVE: New 'Star Trek' Doc Reveals Patrick Stewart Wasn't Any Fun on Set
- EXCLUSIVE: Donald Trump Addresses Anti-Immigration Comments: 'I Don't Have a Racist Bone in My Body'
- More From ET